Not seeing my new SIM number...

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I have an S10 dual SIM and have a new monthly SIM contract with Virgin Media and i have always been on Vodafone from day 1.
I have inserted SIM 1 as my main one now Virgin Mobile and SIM 2 as my Vodafone one PAYG until credit runs out.
I have named them through SIM manager but when i looked it's got number unknown on the VIRGIN one but my other number is shown on
SIM 2.
Went into phone info and the same there, shows SIM 1 Virgin unknown number but SIM 2 Vodafone it's got the number, even if i only put the 1 SIM in it still can't detect the number.
Its all working A1 and App all fine with all the plan and usage etc so i have had to label it so i know which is which.
Signal all fine and calls/rings all the stuff it should do fine.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same thing with my main SIM which is giffgaff. It has never been an issue.

I think some of the "smaller" MVNOs just don't bother adding the number.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It don't cause any problem just would like to know what it is and why it does this.

"I think some of the "smaller" MVNOs just don't bother adding the number."

That's likely all there is to it. The number isn't there because Virgin didn't put it there.

There's possibly a way to edit the SIMs metadata, through an app if you're lucky or with a separate piece of hardware. I've never cared enough to search.