Not so Smart Cleaning LG G3

Jon Simpson

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Got my new LG G3 this week from Carphone Warehouse and they did a data transfer of photos and videos from my HTC One X+ to my G3. Now the phone has done a smart clean and wiped all the data before i had a chance to save it.
How do i restore/get it back?? Thanks

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Jon Simpson

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
The data wasn't saved on the sd card as the instore guy transferred everything over without choosing the sd card as the default storage location!! Really fuming as don't want to lose 4 yrs worth of photos/videos

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't see how Smart Clean would do that, unless it prompted you and you said OK?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jon Simpson

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
It did promt me as the internal storage was low after he transferred the data. He said everything was saved so i went ahead and hit Clean. It not only deleted all the photos and videos but all the music i transferred before. Never had this problem before when upgrading my phone and transferring data.
I've read that there is some android programs available to undelete the data back to my phone via PC, any help would be appreciated!

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There are programs available, but be advised that most of them are pay programs. Just from Googling "recover data from phone internal memory":

How to Recover Deleted Data from Internal Memory on Android

phone internal memory recovery software full version free download

Recover lost data from the internal memory of an Android Smartphone or an Android Tablet

Side note: Not to bash you, but you should *NEVER* trust the person in the store to properly backup and restore your files, and you should *ALWAYS* backup files to at least 2 of these locations before doing any procedure that may remove files:
  • SD card in phone
  • Your personal computer
  • Cloud storage (Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, etc)
  • USB drive via OTG cable

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lethabo Mokoena