Not sure what happened. Not sure what to do next.

sheerjeenyus

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
So I very recently purchased the HTC one m8, and I very recently decided to root it. It was a difficult process as this is my first HTC root attempt.

Anyways, first thing I did was install CWM recovery and cyanogenmod 11. Wasn't too difficult. But then I ran into many bugs that drove me to the point of needing a new rom.

I turned to Google and found viper one. It caught my eye pretty fast. So I decided to get that one. During the numerous tutorials I read/watched, I ended up switching from CWM recover to twrp. That was simple.

So I started the viper installation as instructed by the narrator in the tutorial. Well at some point in the process I messed up. The tutorial said the first boot could take up to 10 minutes. So I waited. Nope. Still at the viperone screen. Another 10. Then another. Finally I decided that something was wrong. I rebooted to recovery and tried to redo the process. Wipe everything and start from scratch.

But twrp wouldn't let me wipe it. Could not Mount data. Every single time. Nothing would work. I couldn't install, restore, or backup anything without getting that error.

I constantly have been rebooting and trying different things to get it to wipe but nothing happened.

Finally one time.. After not really doing anything besides hitting reboot, CyanogenMod poped up. I couldn't get to it before... I had already began to google how to unbrick this thing and I saw the logo come on. Blew my mind that cyanogen came in as a last minute hero.

So now the main question is this. What the hell do I do now? I want to get viper on, but I'm afraid if I turn my phone off or anything, I'll get stuck in viper loop again. How can I safely correct this problem and how can I safely get viper without this happening again?

Sorry for the rant but I needed to be detailed.

Thanks everyone.

Posted via the Android Central App

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
It seems to me that you didn't wipe cyanogenmod before flashing Viper. I think that's the cause of your problem

sheerjeenyus

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Little update:

Started googling how to fix this again and found a tutorial to completely wipe the phone. Started the process of downloading everything for that. Decided to restart my phone just to see what would happen. During the restart, I turned it to recovery to try to factory reset again, and the freggin thing worked -_-

So I was now able to factory reset from twrp this time.

So the NEW QUESTION is this, what do I do now to make sure this doesnt happen again?

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I thought that's what the factory rest was for, no? What should I use to wipe it off now and start from scratch?

The details were a little confusing but if cyanogenmod still showed up after you'd flashed Viper, you didn't wipe properly in TWRP

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that you didnt reboot the phone after installing twrp from cwm. Anyhow you shouldnt have any troubles from here on out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084