Not Worth The Money.. Nexus 7 2013 out.. HiSense Sero 7 Pro Now Only $129.00 In..

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
First.. Let me say, Have you noticed how the Threads have gone from Excitement! to Issues for the Nexus 7 2013..?

Now,
Editor n Chief Phil Nickinson, reported earlier that as of later today the Hisense Sero 7 Pro is dropping to an incredible $129.00..

Why keep the N7 13' when you can get this Incredible Tablet for $100.00 less than the base model 16 gig N7 13'.

My N7 13' 32 Gb is going back in the next 24 hours.. As soon as the new price decrease kicks in at my local store.

I've Overclocked the N7's Quad-Core to over 2000 Mhz.. and I'm STILL not impressed with it's performance.... I want a refund on the 2013 Nexus-7.

2000PLUS_zps547fd70e.png

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
From a quick look at reviews for the HiSense Sero 7 Pro, it is VERY comparable to the first gen Nexus 7. So it looks like a very good deal, as long as you're ok with having a tablet that's not as good as the new Nexus 7. And the only issue I've had with my new Nexus 7 was one day of GPS issues, that seem to have been resolved by removing one app. Otherwise, it's been perfect, and is very notably faster and better featured than my first gen Nexus 7. So if the HiSense meets your needs, go for it, it looks like you get a lot for the money. I'd rather have the better tablet, even at a higher (but still dang cheap for what it is & does) price.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Hisense Sero 7 Pro is definitely a great value, and it seems to have proven itself to be much better and more reliable than the typical device from lesser-known manufacturers. But I would make a few points: (1) Once any device comes out (especially one that sells like hotcakes), you are bound to see threads about problems--no device is immune from that; (2) there are still many very positive reviews, threads, and comments on the N7 2nd edition, and (3) one arena where the N7 will still trump the Hisense is the promptness of OS updates from the mothership.

But don't get me wrong, the Hisense is still a great option.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
There are some isolated issues with multi-touch and qi charging which are resolved with an exchange.

Of course you'll always have the backlight bleed and 1 dead-pixel complaints that every tablet has.

The bigger issues are the gps and random reboots, which evidence is showing to be software issues.

My strategy is just to make sure all my hardware is good and wait for a software fix from google.

I've worked around my gps issues by using my bluetooth keychain GPS and random reboots (for my usage) were worked around by using opera instead of chrome.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hisense Sero 7 Pro is definitely a great value, and it seems to have proven itself to be much better and more reliable than the typical device from lesser-known manufacturers. But I would make a few points: (1) Once any device comes out (especially one that sells like hotcakes), you are bound to see threads about problems--no device is immune from that; (2) there are still many very positive reviews, threads, and comments on the N7 2nd edition, and (3) one arena where the N7 will still trump the Hisense is the promptness of OS updates from the mothership.

But don't get me wrong, the Hisense is still a great option.

Pretty much point #3 for me is why I'm sticking with my Nexus. And I agree with #1. A good portion of people that come to these forums are the ones that are looking for help or have an issue with their device, but they are in no way a direct representation of every owner.

I had issues with the first unit I got, but the second one is great and I have had no complaints. The Hisense is an absolutely great value, but like YAYtech said, I'd rather have the better tablet.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
This tablet doesn't compare to the new nexus. What performance issues are you having with your new nexus? And as far as issues.... None here.

AT&T HTC One MoDaCo.Switch Beta 8
Nexus 7 2013 Unlocked Root + TWRP
Chromecast

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Your thread rests mostly on the premise that the n7 has an unusual number of issues. It doesn't. I haven't seen anything more here than I have with any other android device launch. That being said, the n7 is much better than the hisense, and the price difference reflects that.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I would think that if performance was a factor the HiSense would not be a good choice. As state in the review on AC,

"Hardcore and power users should be wary, however. While the hardware features Hisense has included are numerous, the tablet does have last year's specs. With Tegra 4 seeing a widespread release soon, and 2 GB of RAM quickly becoming the norm, the Sero 7 Pro's hardware could be considered dated very soon. Hisense also has no major track record in the U.S. for Android updates, so it is hard to say if or when users can expect an update to Android 4.2.2 or beyond."

But if money is the issue it is hard to argue with the $129 price point.

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site
If you want last years specs and 4.3 the nexus 2012 is on eBay. 3g versions going for $175-$250 all day long. It has trim now so supposedly the lag is fixed. Given no sdcard, HDMI out...decisions decisions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

TC93

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That video sounds more like a paid advertisement. He obviously is being biased. The battery isn't bad like he is making the Note 8.0 out to be.

The speakers directly on the back of that tablet he is showing is a HUGE negative. You will not be able to use any case on it, unless it has holes cut out the back of it. I also would never buy a tablet with only 8gb of internal storage. His comparing it to a Note 8.0 itself is just ridiculous, as they are not even in the same class or quality.

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
So, if one of the reasons you're sending the 2013 Nexus 7 back is because you're unhappy with the performance.....what makes you think you're going to be any happier with a tegra 3 processor and a last gen screen just because it looks like its better value but will have the kind of performance that will frustrate the hell out of you even more. Going backwards to save money for something that doesn't compete with the specs of the new Nexus 7 won't be worth it in the long run.

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Now that I've used both the 2013 Nexus 7 and the Sero 7 Pro, I can say with ZERO doubt that the Nexus 7 is leagues ahead of the sero pro. The screen is gorgeous and shows better color overall. The overall performance is much snappier. The sero pro suffers from tegra lag that may or may not be fixed with a 4.3 update, but even if it is, the innards of the nexus 7 will still good up over the next few updates.

I love my nexus 7. I don't love my Sero 7 Pro

Posted via Android Central App

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm Really Sick Of Hearing About Specs...

They Don't Mean Jack. It's all about the "Experience".
You see the Nexus-10 had specs too.. I owned one of those as well..
It only lasted 10 days.. why? same thing.. A Lot of Issues started popping up across the board..
Remember? *All That Horsepower* A-15's Nex-Gen Technology CPU / Kick *** GPU.... and what did it do? Stutter and Lag.. Lag..Lag..
Hell.. iOS RAN CHROME BETTER THAN GOOGLE"S OWN FLAGSHIP!!!
How bad was that.

Then the Lightbleed...ooooh.. The LightBleed..
Between XDA and here...Hundreds of people with it and complaining.. Hundreds more just Accepting it.. Giving up after they're 4th or 5th exchange..
Yeah... They promised updates for the Nexus-10's issues too..
Chrome to this day still sutters.. Yes, there are other Browsers, Keyboards, work-a-rounds for Broken GPS etc.. etc.. etc..

You just don't understand,
It should not be this way Out of the Gate..
Not for the Nexus-10 Flagship back in the day.. and certainly not for the 2ND-GENERATION Nexus-7.
Everything should work Flawlessly.. Like iOS.
My Mini has not skipped one heartbeat since I took back that Nexus-10, marched straight back to electronics and purchased the 64 Gb Slate Black iPad Mini..
Not one issue.. Not one problem.. And with the Nexus-7 I'm a lucky one.. I have a Flawless 32 Gb Nexus-7 2013.. But there are a lot of fails in these threads.. is mine next on the list? It's a great tweaker's toy for those of us that know how to Root & Rom it.. but beyond that.. at this price point... I am starting to get that same gut feeling I got about the Nex-10. I think my Mini / Sero combo is going to be the better choice in the long run.
Is Apple like Toyota & Honda?
Yes.. You pay more upfront.. but after 5,6,7 years it's still humming along like new. A Toyota Dealership Owner told me that back when I was a young man.. And I bought one of his vehicles.. with no maintenance to speak of it lasted over 10 years.. My Mini kinda feels the same way.. The Hisense Sero 7 Pro can be the weekend car I fiddle with.. :)

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well it's good that you've expressed your opinion here and maybe this will reach like-minded people. Everyone's got their own opinion and while your experience with the 2nd gen Nexus 7 has been terrible, mine has been great and I really do love it. Sure the specs are far superior, but I'm also having a great experience with it as well so I don't share your distaste.

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm Really Sick Of Hearing About Specs...

They Don't Mean Jack. It's all about the "Experience".
You see the Nexus-10 had specs too.. I owned one of those as well..
It only lasted 10 days.. why? same thing.. A Lot of Issues started popping up across the board..
Remember? *All That Horsepower* A-15's Nex-Gen Technology CPU / Kick *** GPU.... and what did it do? Stutter and Lag.. Lag..Lag..
Hell.. iOS RAN CHROME BETTER THAN GOOGLE"S OWN FLAGSHIP!!!
How bad was that.

Then the Lightbleed...ooooh.. The LightBleed..
Between XDA and here...Hundreds of people with it and complaining.. Hundreds more just Accepting it.. Giving up after they're 4th or 5th exchange..
Yeah... They promised updates for the Nexus-10's issues too..
Chrome to this day still sutters.. Yes, there are other Browsers, Keyboards, work-a-rounds for Broken GPS etc.. etc.. etc..

You just don't understand,
It should not be this way Out of the Gate..
Not for the Nexus-10 Flagship back in the day.. and certainly not for the 2ND-GENERATION Nexus-7.
Everything should work Flawlessly.. Like iOS.
My Mini has not skipped one heartbeat since I took back that Nexus-10, marched straight back to electronics and purchased the 64 Gb Slate Black iPad Mini..
Not one issue.. Not one problem.. And with the Nexus-7 I'm a lucky one.. I have a Flawless 32 Gb Nexus-7 2013.. But there are a lot of fails in these threads.. is mine next on the list? It's a great tweaker's toy for those of us that know how to Root & Rom it.. but beyond that.. at this price point... I am starting to get that same gut feeling I got about the Nex-10. I think my Mini / Sero combo is going to be the better choice in the long run.
Is Apple like Toyota & Honda?
Yes.. You pay more upfront.. but after 5,6,7 years it's still humming along like new. A Toyota Dealership Owner told me that back when I was a young man.. And I bought one of his vehicles.. with no maintenance to speak of it lasted over 10 years.. My Mini kinda feels the same way.. The Hisense Sero 7 Pro can be the weekend car I fiddle with.. :)

We're going to call my post a total opinion then. I had to look up what light bleed was, then test for it. Turns out, there isn't even a hint of it anywhere on my screen. As for the specs. I don't look at it as pissing match of any kind. I look at it in terms of how the tablet runs and how likely it will continue to run. For my Nexus 7, it hasn't stopped for even a second. Its buttery smooth no matter what I do with it. The Sero 7 Pro, on the other hand, couldn't even a load a webpage without crapping out half way on just the third day of using it.

In these terms. I say "MY" Nexus 7 is the best tablet I've ever used. Whether that statement holds true for you or anyone else here is not something I could comment on.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I echo the sentiments of all the numerous replies here. My 7 is outstanding. I don't think the OP understands that every electronic has some defective models. I also don't think the OP gets that the more popular the model is, the more you're going to hear about them. But even with the lack of public attention on it It only took me a grand total of 30 seconds to find defect complaints about the Hisense on several different sites. But angrily lashing out at people who are finding the n7 great isn't an effective way to get your point across.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582