note 2 screen turning on/off

cib227

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
hello,

My wife's note 2 screen keeps turning on/off. Every time we press the power button to lock the phone and the screen turns off, it turns off and in about 30 seconds or so the screen turns back on. Not sure if this there is an app that is making the phone behave this way or what the deal is.
So this is what i've done so far:
hard reset phone/factory reset
tried removing some apps
tried looking thru settings

any help or suggestions will be appreciated,

thanks!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
hello,

My wife's note 2 screen keeps turning on/off. Every time we press the power button to lock the phone and the screen turns off, it turns off and in about 30 seconds or so the screen turns back on. Not sure if this there is an app that is making the phone behave this way or what the deal is.
So this is what i've done so far:
hard reset phone/factory reset
tried removing some apps
tried looking thru settings

any help or suggestions will be appreciated,

thanks!!
A factory reset should have cleared out any issues with the software. The only thing I can think of is that the proximity sensor is damaged. Does the screen have any cracks?

Also, double check system settings > display and make sure everything is timed out accordingly.

cib227

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
yeah tried the factory reset and that didn't do it. as far as cracks none that we can tell and even the replaced device from sprint has no cracks either. the setting are set to turn off screen in about 15 seconds. but i think we had a break thru.

we uninstalled all the apps my wife downloaded and turns out that a Samsung Push Service or Samsung Print Plugin were the apps causing the issues. we removed the apps and dont allow them to update any longer.

thanks again for the reply!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
100RNR