Note 20 Ultra camera issues?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
To the Note 20 Ultra owners. Does anyone have issues with their camera? I have seen certain comparison tests with the Note 9/ Note 10+/Note 20 Ultra and a lot of the shots looked out of focus whereas the others didn't on the Note 9/N10+.

Does anyone experience things like this?

I have the Note 10+ and I am considering jumping ship to the N20U, but I don't know if I would say it's particularly worth it or not. I have heard the camera is much better on the N20U. But I am still curious to what others have to say. Things that would benefit me most of all are the better camera and 120hz refresh rate.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have had a N8, N10+ and now the N20 Ultra. The N20 Ultra camera is far superior. My wife is a photographer and artist and she can't speak highly enough about it

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
It's in a video from Easycomputersolutions on youtube.

I also tried out the N20 Ultra recently with a lot of blur in my images. What the heck is going on with this?

It seems the focus is screwed up.

Even though it has a better camera than the N10+, it certainly does has issues focusing IMO.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had no issues with blurry photos, my Note 20 is extremely quick to focus and is tack sharp on the focus point.

You aren't confusing the shallow depth of field with out of focus photos are you? A lot of newer phones have image sensors that are larger than phones traditionally had so the depth of field is narrowed resulting in a narrower plane of focus.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
To the Note 20 Ultra owners. Does anyone have issues with their camera? I have seen certain comparison tests with the Note 9/ Note 10+/Note 20 Ultra and a lot of the shots looked out of focus whereas the others didn't on the Note 9/N10+.

Does anyone experience things like this?

I have the Note 10+ and I am considering jumping ship to the N20U, but I don't know if I would say it's particularly worth it or not. I have heard the camera is much better on the N20U. But I am still curious to what others have to say. Things that would benefit me most of all are the better camera and 120hz refresh rate.
No issues on mine , I do think the Note 20U is a upgrade over the Note 10+

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I've had no issues with blurry photos, my Note 20 is extremely quick to focus and is tack sharp on the focus point.

You aren't confusing the shallow depth of field with out of focus photos are you? A lot of newer phones have image sensors that are larger than phones traditionally had so the depth of field is narrowed resulting in a narrower plane of focus.

I'm sure I probably am. But why is this even a thing? Some of the shots I had taken that didn't look right were wide angle shots and not of something up close as I read some people have had issues with up close shots. There aren't any issues with my Note 10+ in doing shots like this at all.

I much prefer to be able to just pull out my phone and snap a quick pic when the time arises, as compared to having to adjust settings and ranges and things like that. I feel like at that point, you might as well have a digital camera.

But, that's just my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure I probably am. But why is this even a thing?...

I much prefer to be able to just pull out my phone and snap a quick pic when the time arises, as compared to having to adjust settings and ranges and things like that. I feel like at that point, you might as well have a digital camera.

You pretty much answered your own question. Public demand for wanting to take quick photos, especially in low light, drove manufacturers to go with much wider apertures. Doing so necessarily means shallower depth of fields, which means more chances at getting focus off. The main 108mp camera is f1.8, which can have quite a shallow DoF.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non