Note 20U from Note 10+

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I ordered the Note 20 Ultra recently from Samsung just as a trial and error sort of thing. Returned it recently. I already have the Note 10+. I do gotta say though, the Note 20 Ultra does seem like a really good device. I don't think it's necessarily worth it though for someone like me who has the N10+ already and is still paying on it... But I think if you weren't in that situation, the N20U would be a good choice. I'm not a fan of the camera bump at all though, or the fact that internal storage is dropped back down to 128gb. I don't get what the big deal is with the 120 hz refresh rate is also. I had it on the device and it really wasn't even noticeable honestly for me.

I definitely would NOT pay 1300 dollars for the N20U though. If your device is free and clear, and you get a good trade in like I was able to, bringing the price down to 620, it would be a great choice.

Last edited:

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Note 10 Plus for 22 months. It's still working fine and I'm hoping there'll be a Note Ultra next year. If there isn't I'll order the Snapdragon version of the Note 20 Ultra. I want to have a classic Galaxy Note phone as long as possible. I dislike the foldable phones and those S Ultra phones with an S Pen.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I ordered the Note 20 Ultra recently from Samsung just as a trial and error sort of thing. Returned it recently. I already have the Note 10+. I do gotta say though, the Note 20 Ultra does seem like a really good device. I don't think it's necessarily worth it though for someone like me who has the N10+ already and is still paying on it... But I think if you weren't in that situation, the N20U would be a good choice. I'm not a fan of the camera bump at all though, or the fact that internal storage is dropped back down to 128gb. I don't get what the big deal is with the 120 hz refresh rate is also. I had it on the device and it really wasn't even noticeable honestly for me.

I definitely would NOT pay 1300 dollars for the N20U though. If your device is free and clear, and you get a good trade in like I was able to, bringing the price down to 620, it would be a great choice.
The camera and 120hz , spen latency just to name a few a much better

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
The camera didn't seem to be an improvement to me other than in low light situations. The 120hz is just gimmicky to me. I'm not a power user with the spen, so I wouldn't be able to the difference.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The camera didn't seem to be an improvement to me other than in low light situations. The 120hz is just gimmicky to me. I'm not a power user with the spen, so I wouldn't be able to the difference.
The telescope lens ? 120hz gimmicky, that's a first i heard lol there is a difference with scrolling , and touch response but If you are happy with Note 10+ thats fine but there are difference.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Most people won't even use the telescope lens. It's gimmicky to me IMO. I know there's a difference, but on a device that's as fast as the N10+ or the N20U, is it really, really noticeable? Not to me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Most people won't even use the telescope lens. It's gimmicky to me IMO. I know there's a difference, but on a device that's as fast as the N10+ or the N20U, is it really, really noticeable? Not to me.
I use the the telescope lens more then any other camera feature, for me I notice these differences because I look for that in a phone

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
For me, it was a choice of another 4G LTE device with the Note 10 on AT&T, or upgrade to the Note 20 5G. Since our 4G here sucks, and 5G has just gone active, the choice was simple. Operate with up to 350 Mbps, or 3-7.

Really wasn't a hard choice.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah for someone in that circumstance, I can see that. Didn't you have the Note 9? Coming from the Note 9 to the N20U would definitely make more sense. I wish I had the 5G variant of the N10+.

My next device when I do upgrade down the line will be the Note 20 Ultra more than likely anyways. But not for some time. I am due to get one more software update with the Note 10 plus, and then I assume probably at least another year or two of security patches.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

I'm waiting until next year for the Note 22 Ultra. There have been new rumours.

https://youtu.be/UEfgoZ6m3Po

Last edited:

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
It's still up in the air whether Samsung will make a new Note device. There has been talk of them blending the S line with the Note, so I am sure that means the Note will become non existant as the S line takes subtle hints from the Note and takes the built in S pen. That being said, I still wouldnt be in a rush to get a new Note as I am sure there will no sd card support which is a deal breaker for me.

Recently, I ordered a N10+ for my wife. I am tempted to give her my N10+ and purchase the N20U. I dont know if its worth it or not though as the N20U is still 770 dollars from Samsung and the N10+ I purchased for her is only 500 dollars.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
That's not really credible. There are several youtubers who post different videos all the time and I don't believe any of them as it seems to change daily. And if any of that video is correct, it's not going to be called the Note any longer. Samsung is going to do away with the Note line. The S22 Ultra will be more Note like and boxy shaped, along with a built in S - Pen, blending the S and Note line together.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
As long as there is a model somewhere with a built in S-Pen (also, surely it makes more sense to call it an S-Pen if it is in the top S range phone) I'll be happy.

Even so I's be likely to wait at least a year or so until it comes down in price as I am still more than happy with the performance og my N10+

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I have still been going back and forth with this. A lot of people, including myself, and many people I have seen on youtube, say it isn't worth it to upgrade to the Note 20 Ultra from the Note 10+. For one, I am finding more and more how great it is to have 256gb of internal storage. I have almost 85gb alone on my N10+ of recorded 4K videos. That is a win because if I had all that on a 128gb device, my space would be almost completely taken up. I have around 140gb total of internal storage taken up. That still leaves 116gb of storage left on my device which is awesome. And total storage space coupled with my micro sd card is 512gb which is amazing. You can't go wrong with that.

It seems to me the biggest thing that would benefit from "upgrading," to the N20U would be the camera as sometimes the N10+ does leave a bit to be desired, especially in low light settings. But it's certainly capable. I am not a fan of the horrid camera bump on the N20U at all though lol

My guess is that eventually Samsung will offer this device at a greatly reduced price under their renewed devices. That would be the time to upgrade more than likely for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress