Note 4 in Sunlight!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the GNote4 screen gets brighter in Sunlight so that you can see you screen better?

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Auto brightness will take it higher than you can with the bar normally so you can see it.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
When you're outside and the sun is hitting the phone directly at a high enough level, the Note 4 will go into a completely maxed out brightness mode — jumping up to 750 nits, over the standard max of 500 nits — to make the screen viewable in even the brightest situations.

They don't mention how the colors on a GPS screen wash out and become useless. Or how the phone gets really hot and sucks the battery.
So yea, other then not being able to use my GPS and my battery running dead faster, it is great. :)

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
They don't mention how the colors on a GPS screen wash out and become useless. Or how the phone gets really hot and sucks the battery.
So yea, other then not being able to use my GPS and my battery running dead faster, it is great. :)
They don't wash out that bad.....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I did not know about that feature. It scared me at first. I thought that the screen was going to burn out. My old Gnote3 never had that feature.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Yeah, no kidding. Guess he likes to exaggerate.

On the GPS app that I have used for years on my motorcycles, the roads disappear when the screen goes into this washed out mode.
Google maps aren't too bad, but they won't do what I want.
I'm working on a custom rendering program for the vector maps that I am using. I really like to use auto brightness, but I have to turn it off for now.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I did not know about that feature. It scared me at first. I thought that the screen was going to burn out. My old Gnote3 never had that feature.

Actually this feature was first introduced on the note 3. I had the note 3 and it had it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StudyMantraOverseas