Note 4 or G4?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I was very exited when I saw the G4 with 5.5'' LCD and superb camera but now the lack of root (and roms) makes it less sexy that's why I wonder if the Note 4/Edge is not a better phone.
Here's what I found:
Advantages G4:
-New 2015 model
-Excellent camera both in daylight and night
-RAW
-5.5'' 1440p while easily one handed thanks to better body size
-Weight about 20grm less
-LCD screen means Zero burnins, good for Car apps
-Less lags than Note 4
-Better loudspeaker

Advantages Note4/ Edge:
-Rooted!
-Excellent camera in daylight, good in low light.
-Very crisp screen 1440p at 5.7''
-Cool Edge gadget on the Note Edge
-Better resale
-Ported S6 TW makes it less laggy than stock Note 4 one
-No Touchscreen problem
-Better Audio using earphones with Exynos version

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the Note 4 and my wife has the G4. I can say that you will be happy with either phone. If I didn't have my Note 4, I would have definitely gotten the G4. I really like the display on the G4. It feels good in the hand with its curved back. But for me the features of the Note 4 win out over the G4.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I would get a G4 in a hear beat but the actual root doesn't allow custom roms while the Note 4 has good ones like Glamour. Add to that the G4 is still too expensive here, given the G2 and G3 prices history, it could drop about 50-70$ anytime soon

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Just go for LG G4.

My sister just got one and it kicks the **** of note 4.

Screen is better on lg g4 for me even though i prefer over saturated colors of amoled because amoled has burn in using navigation apps in car etc. If you upgrade every year that is not an issue.

LG G4 pros;
Way better camera (seriously it has full OIS, even when shooting photos. Note 4 just use OIS when shooting 1080p videos even then it is useless), very little to no ui lag, no bloatware (some lg apps come with it but they can be uninstalled not just disabled), no recent apps lag :), better color reproduction.

Dont know your region but note 4s here are equipped with exynos processors so cyanogenmod is a no for me, i think they have it on snapdragon so it can be e pro for note 4 but then again root/custom roms will come to g4 eventually.

S-pen is a plus some times in the cases of drawing on screen shots and photos for me. Other than these I dont use s pen.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Really? I didn't know Note 4 ois won't work with photos, so it's not much better than my M9 in low light.
By custom roms I meant roms based on stock but with optimizations and ui themes.
The G4 doesn't have a theme installer like on S6 and M9 to change. There are not even custom battery icons now.
The Note 4 big negative is that it will be "old" in 2 weeks with the unveiling of Note 5.
I want a big screen phone but with an sdcard, that's why note 5 is not an option. My M9 is 100% working but I found the screen small now compared to note 4, G4, iphone 6+...
Damn if only they drop the price of either note 4 or G4 to help me!!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Damn if only they drop the price of either note 4 or G4 to help me!!

Don't know your carrier, but AT&T just announced a sale the other day on the Note 4. $50 with a 2-year contract. So if you happen to be AT&T and at a renewal point, $50 for the Note 4 versus $200 for the G4 may be enough to tip the scales.

Then again, if you really love the G4's screen or want something more up to date and future-proofed, the $150 may be worth it for you.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I live in Lebanon, here we don't have carriers contracts, you pay cash!
Note 4 exynos is at 500$
G4 without warranty 520$
G4 with warranty 600$
The G3 at the same time of year was at 450$, so I will wait till G4 reach this price too.
Perhaps the Note 5 unveiling will do push G4 and Note 4 prices down.
I hope the G4 will not end like Sony Z3 ,meaning with 1 or 2 roms updated once a month, the Note 4 at least have good roms.
The camera of G4 looks much more impressive than Note 4 no?

trekgraham

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My old lg g3 was prone to overheating. Hopefully they fixed that with the g4 but I think I will stick with the Note series

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Either way you cant go wrong. Cameras are nearly identical from personal experience. Speed is nearly the exact same too. If you like touchwiz go for the note 4, if you like the LG ui choose the G4. I personally chose the note 4 because of battery life, display and some other things.

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I bought the Note 4 was for the S-Pen. Now, I don't know if I can even consider a phone other than a Note series.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
And for someone coming from an htc m9, which one is better?
I had an S6 for 20 days before the m9 but hated it because the BT didn't connect automatically with my car's BT (htc stereoclip adapter).

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the G4 and seriously thinking about going back to the Note 4... My G4 has overheating issues, LAG from the keyboard to opening apps, battery life is from 6:30am to 9pm with like maybe 2 hours of SOT.. I'm looking at either going back to the Note 4 or holding out till the Note 5 or Moto X comes out

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
If you enjoy playing 3d games, go Note 4...the G4 has a "game optimizer" turned on by default which impaires graphic fidelity in favor of performance...the net result is that you get almost the same performance with worse looking image. Turn it off...and you get comparable IQ but worse performing games.

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
The G4 video recording "wobble" was a huge turn off for me. Personally, I think the Note 4 has the better camera. The G4 takes beautiful pictures, though.

Had the video recording been as smooth as the Note 4, I may have gotten it. Went with the Note, no regrets. Amazing phone. I'd be very happy with both devices, I think.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't really care about video recording, I am much more into photos.
The G4 is certainly better than note 4 in low light thanks to the f1.8 and ois, dunno how better it's for daylight, but RAW is a huge advantage.
Note 5 would be a No for me because of no sdcard and fragile glass back.
How bad is the heating of G4? I have an M9 so I am kinda ok with it.
Gaming on phones for me is limited to tower defense games like Radiant Defense, I have a strong PC for real games ;)