Note 4 Phone decided to just stop accepting touch

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It won't read any finger at all but can use the stylus..... Sigh guess I'll go to t-mobile to see if they can fix it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone decided to just stop accepting touch

Try a battery pull / reboot to see if it helps.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone decided to just stop accepting touch

Lol did all that and didn't work and since I decided to go out and stop watching football I decide to unlock it and try it once more and now it works lol
Of course since I use my xbox one to watch TV and turned it all off it decides to work

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Phone can't detect touch... Even the buttons.

This time my phone has again stop detecting touch but this time the buttons well. I can use the stylus but that's it

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone can't detect touch... Even the buttons.

Of course when I turn it off and back on simply putting phone to sleep fixed it this time but should I see if I can get this exchanged at t-mobile?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Is that a serious question. If my phone stopped registering touch I would not be here asking questions I would return it for a new one. Art you the same person who also keeps complaing about a mystery scratch also. Yes just return it and get a new one. Then no more scratch.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Is that a serious question. If my phone stopped registering touch I would not be here asking questions I would return it for a new one. Art you the same person who also keeps complaing about a mystery scratch also. Yes just return it and get a new one. Then no more scratch.
Yes I would normally return it but the first time it happened it worked again after it happened as I was getting ready to go out and now before t-mobile is open. My complaint isn't the fact it got scratched but is the fact if it got scratched so quickly.... How easily it would be a few months from now

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Don't worry about scratches. Their cosmetic. If it bothers you return it. And as for the touch display. I don't care if it happened once. I would still return it before my window closed before a larger problem arrived.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Don't worry about scratches. Their cosmetic. If it bothers you return it. And as for the touch display. I don't care if it happened once. I would still return it before my window closed before a larger problem arrived.
From my experience exchanging phones has been very bad which I have now usually tend to avoid it if all possible. Back around 2008 my sidekick lx decided to stop working after the warranty period and had insurance on it so got a replacement. That one didn't work so I had to be on t-mobile customer service for 3-4 hours trying to explain the situation and them doing BS. Also while I was at AT&T my Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket had a broken micro USB port and needed it to be replaced in one of there centers. They replaced it for free. I did have insurance on my phone btw. They at that center supposedly also sent a replacement phone to some person with the same name in Queens as well and charged me for the $200 deductible (I live in Brooklyn). AT&T simply refunded the charge but it seems they had a rogue rep in there.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

From my experience exchanging phones has been very bad which I have now usually tend to avoid it if all possible. Back around 2008 my sidekick lx decided to stop working after the warranty period and had insurance on it so got a replacement. That one didn't work so I had to be on t-mobile customer service for 3-4 hours trying to explain the situation and them doing BS. Also while I was at AT&T my Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket had a broken micro USB port and needed it to be replaced in one of there centers. They replaced it for free. I did have insurance on my phone btw. They at that center supposedly also sent a replacement phone to some person with the same name in Queens as well and charged me for the $200 deductible (I live in Brooklyn). AT&T simply refunded the charge but it seems they had a rogue rep in there.

Exchanging a phone within the first 14 days is NOT the same as doing it later. It is brand new and they give you a brand new one. No insurance, no deductibles, no refurbs. A month from now is a different story.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Exchanging a phone within the first 14 days is NOT the same as doing it later. It is brand new and they give you a brand new one. No insurance, no deductibles, no refurbs. A month from now is a different story.
I wouldn't get a deductible even a month later and was just explaining my experience with t-mobile customer service and exchanging phones in general which is why I shy away from doing it if at all possible

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't work for tmobile now, but for the other major carriers, Costco allows a 90 day exchange for new devices. I have received a few new replacements this way.

As for the op, I would try a factory data reset. If that doesn't fix if then you will have to return it to the place purchase or go through a warranty exchange through the carrier or manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

With how many issues you're having I'd exchange. I seriously have no issues. Phone is snappy.. No scratches.. No freezing it not responding to touch.. Nothing like what you describe.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

With how many issues you're having I'd exchange. I seriously have no issues. Phone is snappy.. No scratches.. No freezing it not responding to touch.. Nothing like what you describe.
My issue with scratching is more of how bad a few months from now?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My issue with scratching is more of how bad a few months from now?

Can't say. Mine has zero scratches so .. I really can't comment on how yours is getting them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay