Note 8 s pen stuck tried to get it out but still stuck white display

David Kong2

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
I have a note 8 in flawless condition but one day my s pen got stuck and I tried to superglue it out. It's still stuck in three but now I got my display is showing a white screen on right side 👉 about a few cm wide.

When I take a screenshot it does not show the white screen and actually takes the picture. The quick edge slide menu still works.

What could this be?

Thank you

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The pen is superglued into the phone - probably the pen and the housing have to be replaced. And if the superglue (where did you get such a wrong idea?) got into the screen, the screen will have to be replaced too.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a note 8 in flawless condition but one day my s pen got stuck and I tried to superglue it out. It's still stuck in three but now I got my display is showing a white screen on right side about a few cm wide.

When I take a screenshot it does not show the white screen and actually takes the picture. The quick edge slide menu still works.

What could this be?

Thank you
Did you drop this at all? The sticking s-pen and partially white screen doesn't exhibit the behavior of a flawless phone. Maybe it was exposed to sticky liquid and dried in the s-pen slot?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There's some YouTube videos on getting a stuck spen out. I think using paper, but not sure. I'm hoping you meant you used superglue on the end of the spen to pull it out...

Your phone probably thinks the spen is out and so you have that screen. maybe.

Might be time for a replacement or upgrade top the Note 9.

David Kong2

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
Sorry and Thank you so much for the fast replies I'm going to have to turn on email notifications.

The phone is mint. The spen Note 8 snapped right where it says SAMSUNG. WHEN I press the piece that's out you can still click it and the plastic piece goes in and out.

I tried using an over the air antenna which contained copper and tried to take the pen out but then I accidently pushed it in very tight. The screen was working all fine and still is I can still use the edge quick screen slide but I can't see the bar on the edge it's about a one inch blank white screen that starts from the bottom edge of the spen to the right and I see a to y vertical line that's yellow and blue.

I am afraid I might have damage my screen that will probably needs to be replaced now along with the Spen. The Idea came when I was going to glue the spen back to the upper end Samsung logo.

-===:::::==== - =====|| (example the S PEN)

- ===:::::=====(the part stuck in the phone) it's now has over the air antenna stuck in there which I believe contains small amounts of copper. I tried to super glue it and yank it out but failed and the antenna snapped. Then I started to scratch the inside coating which exposed the metal parts of the phone which is now my display has that blank white screen to the right side but screen shots doesn't show the blank white it screen shots whatever it's showing behind the white blank

- =====|| (this is the part I have out) it has the Samsung logo it still clicks and the plastic piece pops in and out when clicked.

Im afraid I damaged the LCD panel which is probably why happen and I will have to get it replaced along with the spen and since I scrapped inside the spen it exposex the metal now,
could the copper or such be touching the metal effcting the display?
I tried almost everything to get the pen out and it will not come out, I hear it may be because I pushed it all the way in but also there's an area of the spen where it latches to the button prevent it from coming out unless clicked.

At first I had. Hole that I should of used the easy beef sticks that many people suggested with success because I did have it both out at one or two points but I used thin tape to hold it together. Dumb me, the superglue would of worked perfect if I looked it up.

What should I do?
What seems to be the problem?
Could the display just be a copper or Ota piece touching the exposex metal because I scratched it off?

I really wabr to get this fix, I use the pen from time to time a lot actually and I don't like walking around using a $1000 device with a 1 inch blank white screen starting from the spen to edge.

Thank you guys all so much for the help

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
There's some YouTube videos on getting a stuck spen out. I think using paper, but not sure. I'm hoping you meant you used superglue on the end of the spen to pull it out...

Your phone probably thinks the spen is out and so you have that screen. maybe.

Might be time for a replacement or upgrade top the Note 9.

I think deb is right - you're in for a repair bill or a replacement bill! The only way you're going to get that out now is to open the phone and I wouldn't recommend doing that yourself!!! Take it to a repair shop and "Bite the Bullet"! Or, as Deb said - the wonderful Note 9 is out!

David Kong2

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
That's what im going to do. I'm not gonna bother paying $300 for a new LCD screen mainly because the interior of the spen slot is so scratched up the metal is showing.

That $300 is more than enough to throw down a front payment for most carriers... I have no idea why these repair shops don't ever think of that.

I was thinking about taking it apart just to remove the spen because I think it's super glued to the metal but here's another reason why

Tell me if u think this could be why theres a vertical line small yellow and blue and all white blank scteen starting from the right side of the pen slot to the edge.

I used an over the air antenna and that contains copper and since I exposed the slot so much its showing metal do you think that the copper or some piece on that side is not fully attached?? When I take a screenshot it shows whatever is under it and when swiping the edge panel it works no problem.

Should I risk opening it??

David Kong2

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
Wanted to update you guys on the issue. I GOT THE BROKEN PEM OUT BUT AT A LOST, but not a big deal since I use automatic IRIS and will be using it as temporary until I get the Note 9.

It cost $300 for a new LCD.

Just incase anyone wants to take theirs apart, I do not know why people never though of this. Set youe IRON on low, just hot enough to touch I then used a blank card to get it open and it open so easy. I cracked it though because I rushed it... I used a tech 21 case so no big deal. I remember the finger print cable, everything come off perfect aside from rushing and the back screen cracked but can't tell with case.

The spen was easy to access as soon as the 12 screws were removed, it was stuck because it was basically superglue to the slot. 😂 I had to pry it out and now I got it working and scraped off the glue. Working like new and superglued the top back on the bottom, it will sense when I take it out.

Problem was trying to attach the finger print cable, man that was so hard. Once I got it attached I checked avian to see that I have the thin cord split.... Oh well I use iris for everything anyways.

I've attached two photos of what my LCD looks like I still don't know I damaged it, could it be a short somewhere?? Or is just the right side of the spen LCD gone?

Thanks guys!!!

Attachments

• 20180914_173703.jpg
    20180914_173703.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20180914_173319.jpg
    20180914_173319.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 23

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry and Thank you so much for the fast replies I'm going to have to turn on email notifications.

The phone is mint. The spen Note 8 snapped right where it says SAMSUNG. WHEN I press the piece that's out you can still click it and the plastic piece goes in and out.

I tried using an over the air antenna which contained copper and tried to take the pen out but then I accidently pushed it in very tight. The screen was working all fine and still is I can still use the edge quick screen slide but I can't see the bar on the edge it's about a one inch blank white screen that starts from the bottom edge of the spen to the right and I see a to y vertical line that's yellow and blue.

I am afraid I might have damage my screen that will probably needs to be replaced now along with the Spen. The Idea came when I was going to glue the spen back to the upper end Samsung logo.

-===:::::==== - =====|| (example the S PEN)

- ===:::::=====(the part stuck in the phone) it's now has over the air antenna stuck in there which I believe contains small amounts of copper. I tried to super glue it and yank it out but failed and the antenna snapped. Then I started to scratch the inside coating which exposed the metal parts of the phone which is now my display has that blank white screen to the right side but screen shots doesn't show the blank white it screen shots whatever it's showing behind the white blank

- =====|| (this is the part I have out) it has the Samsung logo it still clicks and the plastic piece pops in and out when clicked.

Im afraid I damaged the LCD panel which is probably why happen and I will have to get it replaced along with the spen and since I scrapped inside the spen it exposex the metal now,
could the copper or such be touching the metal effcting the display?
I tried almost everything to get the pen out and it will not come out, I hear it may be because I pushed it all the way in but also there's an area of the spen where it latches to the button prevent it from coming out unless clicked.

At first I had. Hole that I should of used the easy beef sticks that many people suggested with success because I did have it both out at one or two points but I used thin tape to hold it together. Dumb me, the superglue would of worked perfect if I looked it up.

What should I do?
What seems to be the problem?
Could the display just be a copper or Ota piece touching the exposex metal because I scratched it off?

I really wabr to get this fix, I use the pen from time to time a lot actually and I don't like walking around using a $1000 device with a 1 inch blank white screen starting from the spen to edge.

Thank you guys all so much for the help

Not for nothing, but a 'mint' phone is one that has no flaws. An S pen that is broken, and is causing issues with the screen does NOT meet the definition of mint.

f6gnz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a note 8 in flawless condition but one day my s pen got stuck and I tried to superglue it out. It's still stuck in three but now I got my display is showing a white screen on right side 👉 about a few cm wide.

What could this be?

Thank you

I used the old-type iron twist serving to prepare a hole in the wood plate for screwing-in the screw. I think this is the best solution!

f6gnz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I used the old-type iron twist serving to prepare a hole in the wood plate for screwing-in the screw. I think this is the best solution!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995