note to Sprint: your Gingerbread update = FAIL

AtlantaTerry

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not the only one here who is reporting problems with your update to Gingerbread on my LG Optimus S (LG670). I had not messed with the ROM, everything was stock.

Before your update my WiFi worked perfectly. Not when I press the checkbox to turn it on it turns itself off after a few seconds. This is but one of the problems now evident.

It is fairly obvious from my experience and that of others on this forum that you released the update before it was ready.

Now Sprint it is up to you to take the responsibility to restore our cell phones back to working normally.

Terry Thomas
Atlanta, Georgia USA

:mad:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Sprint regularly frequents this forum. You probably want to post this on community.sprint.com if you want them to see it.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Apparently (haven't updated myself) after a day or two, the phone "just works" better and becomes snappier and more responsive. I guess your mileage has varied. Good luck vertigo results. I've had better luck walking into the store with the phone and showing them what's going on. Be respectful and usually they are plenty willing to help. Again, good luck. I hope your issues are resolved!

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Sprint will eventually release a new version like they did with VC (i've been mentioning vc alot lately) which is why i'm holding off on it for now because otherwise ill just have to do a root proccess again when the new one is released.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the wifi, make sure you set your wifi sleep policy to never in wifi advanced settings.

Also, after an update if things seem to be really off a factory rest can do wonders.

The DragonTJH

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm upgraded and rooted with no problems to report. The only issue I had was due to a kernel I was using, flashing back to stock cleared it up. So far I'm more than happy with GB, other than losing CM7.

ellisse

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with the Wi-Fi too. I got the update this morning and before it, my phone worked just fine, but after it finished with the download process the Wi-Fi doesnt work anymore, it says connected but when I open an app (such as youtube) it says: There was a problem starting up. Please check your network, blah blah... I`m out of the US right now so, I thought that was the problemo, but now I find that a lot of people had the same, and other problems with this update. :mad:

phugiyama

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll add that my IM capabilities over WiFi are gone. I, too, am outside the US when the OTA notice appeared. I had been using IM on WhatsApp and Yahoo Messenger just fine over WiFi until the update.

Also, my phone isn't recognized as a USB mass storage device anymore. That's worse, because I can't access it to make changes.

Doing a factory didn't help. Android 2.3.3 is still there running VZH. I'm not familiar with flashing the ROM.

Please help! Thanks.

phugiyama

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Had to download driver from LG Forum, then run LGUnitedMobileDriver (from LGLS670.zip).

Now USB capability is back. Time to work on rolling back the SW and rooting it.

Good luck, All!

Reactions: cj1985

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
You guys spooked me, so when the update showed up uninvited on my screen, I chose More Info, pulled the battery, counted to ten, restarted, repeated. Now it’s stuck at 2.2.2, right where I want it until a popular update appears. But will it just ask me again tomorrow morning or worse, ignore me when the next upgrade appears?

Ron_Who

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Are there any suggestions you guys can make about sync? Not only am I having issues with my Gmail, but now I'm not being notified that I have updates for my apps.

Seriously, this update ruined an other satisfactory Android phone. Well...not ruined entirely, just frustrating not getting notified of my mail and updates.

nealoc187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I too am having issues with my phone after the GB update. The fact that they rolled this update out with all these bugs present is ludicrous. I'm on the verge of ditching sprint because of this. I am livid.

1) GMail notifications do not show up reliably. I missed a meeting which had it's time changed because of this.
2) Gmail notifications do not work AT ALL when I am on WIFI instead of 3G. They work 0% of the time. I have tested it probably 15 times myself (using test emails sent from a non-gmail account to my gmail account),
3) I can no longer charge my phone by connecting to a USB port on a computer. I am travelling on business and had to make a special trip to an electronics store and buy a charger that plugs in to the wall.
4) USB connectivity no longer works to any computer.

I'm one more problem away from ditching sprint because of this.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering, have you tried clearing all app data from Gmail? Then uninstalling all Gmail updates, and re-updating it through the market.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

mkbruin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, have you tried clearing all app data from Gmail? Then uninstalling all Gmail updates, and re-updating it through the market.

Really, should we have to?

MY phone charged for a day, now nothing. It won't charge on the oem wall charger, won't charge connected to the computer, won't charge on a car charger, and won't charge through a LCD monitor usb port (that has worked for the last 8 months). I am down to 32% and it won't go up at all.

I cannot believe something with so many issues was rolled out en-mass.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
mk, I can only get my optimus to charge on an OEM charger, it says its charging other ways but..its not good ;(

I went on amazon and bought another battery and see if I can switch out, for some reason I am losing my battery life fast too

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
No, you shouldn't HAVE TO, but we're talking about one application, that instantly resyncs everything on its own upon reinstall. If that fixes his issue, seems like an easy fix.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
As for your issues of not being able to charge through your USB port, have you installed the LG drivers yet? That seems to fix that issue for most.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
I'm surprised so many people are having issues with the update. My phone works like a dream...both on stock GB and gROM. No issues with wifi or lagginess/hypersensitivity. I had an issue where apps were showing that updates were available when there were none available but that was because I did not wipe data. After wiping everything and reinstalling apps it works like a dream :) I say keep the tasty goodness comin' sprint! lol

gooberlx

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anything else has posted this. My SD seems to keep ejecting ever since the update. At least it's actually unmounting properly, as opposed to just dropping off and causing the phone to crash like the old SD card problems. Still incredibly annoying though.

Just thought I'd chime in to be counted.

Last edited: