Nothing OS 2.0 review: Android 13 done right

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I like the glyph feature. However, I do not lay my phone face down. It would be cool if these features could be shown on the screen in some manner instead. YMMV

Omnivoracity

Aug 8, 2023
Visit site
Nothing OS 2.0 is the latest version of Nothing's Android OS for the Nothing Phone, and it might be the best iteration of stock Android we've seen yet.

Nothing OS 2.0 review: Android 13 done right : Read more
Having recently picked up a cheap Nothing Phone 1 to try out the OS, with a view to potentially getting the 2, I was baffled by the lack of native one-handed mode in Nothing OS. Everything I've found online suggests the same applies to the 2, which seems like a glaring oversight for a 6.7" phone. Guess I'll be considering the Nord 3 instead...

MishaalRahman

Aug 10, 2023
Visit site
Having recently picked up a cheap Nothing Phone 1 to try out the OS, with a view to potentially getting the 2, I was baffled by the lack of native one-handed mode in Nothing OS. Everything I've found online suggests the same applies to the 2, which seems like a glaring oversight for a 6.7" phone. Guess I'll be considering the Nord 3 instead...
Nothing OS 2.0 actually does have a one-handed mode! It was quietly added in one of the pre-launch updates for reviewers (I think it's in the first post-launch update for regular users?). The original draft of my article actually mentioned/praised Nothing for adding it in (I was actually going to ding them for not including it, but as if they read my mind, the very next day the update added it! Ha!)

They're using the same one-handed mode implementation that Google introduced to AOSP version 12.

Reactions: Omnivoracity

Omnivoracity

Aug 8, 2023
Visit site
Nothing OS 2.0 actually does have a one-handed mode! It was quietly added in one of the pre-launch updates for reviewers (I think it's in the first post-launch update for regular users?). The original draft of my article actually mentioned/praised Nothing for adding it in (I was actually going to ding them for not including it, but as if they read my mind, the very next day the update added it! Ha!)

They're using the same one-handed mode implementation that Google introduced to AOSP version 12.
That's good to know, cheers for the heads up Mishaal 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001