noticed that most of my screen is slightly yellow.

joshua krempasky

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that on my galaxy S5, most of my screen is slightly yellow. It is only noticeable on completely white backgrounds, but I am worried about it when I receive Lollipop. Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Posted via Android Central App

dkjames71

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Try changing display settings/ screen mode. I have mine set to dynamic and I don't notice any yellow on my screen.

joshua krempasky

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I just tried all the screen modes, and was still able to notice it. It seems most prominent on twitter for some reason though.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
There is also the screen burn in apps that flash colours up for however long you want. Tried once or twice but did nothing.
My current S5 is ok. Can notice a little bit of uneven lighting but nothing major.

Drunder40

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
My daughter had the same issue on her S3. We tried many many things in an attempt to fix it including factory resets etc.. It was a hardware problem and wasn't so bad that she could not use the phone so she just stuck it out until the S5 came out. Not sure if you have the same issue but it sure sounds like it.

Burning the screen with white would add more white i guess but you have not corrected the root cause of the problem of what is causing the yellowing. So no matter what "Workarounds" you are able to use the root cause has not been corrected.

Hope you get it figured out..

joshua krempasky

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, I can really only notice it while my twitter is loading, and its use able. I was just wondering what causes it? Is it the same type of issue as with the OPO?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals42