Notification problem

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
There's an app I just can't get notifications from. Worked fine on my S8 and still does, but notifications have not come through even once on my Note 9 since I've gotten it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still nothing.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Would help to know which app you're referring to. Sometimes you have to disable notifications on the other device to activate them in another. This is a common issue, for instance, with the Instagram app.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Would help to know which app you're referring to. Sometimes you have to disable notifications on the other device to activate them in another. This is a common issue, for instance, with the Instagram app.

I'm actually getting Instagram notifications just fine from both my S8 and Note 9. I'm even getting them to my G5 which I still have as well. The only app I'm not getting notifications to my Note 9 is Winter Is Coming. It's a Game of Thrones news app.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try disabling/re-enabling notifications in the app's Settings. Also, check that, in the System Settings, the app's notifications aren't being blocked/silenced.

If it's just that app, it might be a bug related to the app itself with the Note 9, and only the dev could fix something like that.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Try disabling/re-enabling notifications in the app's Settings. Also, check that, in the System Settings, the app's notifications aren't being blocked/silenced.

If it's just that app, it might be a bug related to the app itself with the Note 9, and only the dev could fix something like that.

I tried disabling and re-enabling. I'll check system settings now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nuella90