Notification Problems - NEVER FIXED

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Still can't believe that the S21 Ultra suffers from the delayed/no notification problem.

While the screen is off the phone is dead to the world when it comes to instant notifications.

Now, some apps I do get instant notifications from like Ring Alarm, Aqua Mail and a couple others.

Apps like Gmail, eBay, PayPal, Banking ETC are stone dead until I actually unlock the phone and the screen comes on.

Why do a select few apps get instant notifications while most apps don't ?

Have my iPhone sitting right next to the S21 Ultra and the iPhone is bam, bam, bam instant notifications each and every time for all apps.

WTF is wrong with Android?

Is there any fix for this notification problem with Android/S21 Ultra?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's weird, I don't think I've noticed any delayed notifications on my 3a XL. But then again, I turn off audible notifications for a lot of my apps (like Gmail). I haven't had any issues with my important audible notifications, like Google Messages, Google Chat, and the messaging app my hospital uses for secure communication.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's weird, I don't think I've noticed any delayed notifications on my 3a XL. But then again, I turn off audible notifications for a lot of my apps (like Gmail). I haven't had any issues with my important audible notifications, like Google Messages, Google Chat, and the messaging app my hospital uses for secure communication.
I have to pay attention because i have battery save mode kick in at 20 percent so got make sure it's not happening when that's on .

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yea, my Tab S7 Plus suffers from this same problem. It sucks pretty bad.

What I can't figure out is how some apps like Ring Alarm, Aqua Mail Pro ETC work just perfect while most others don't.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yea, my Tab S7 Plus suffers from this same problem. It sucks pretty bad.

What I can't figure out is how some apps like Ring Alarm, Aqua Mail Pro ETC work just perfect while most others don't.
I'm thinking something with Andriod but can't find much information on it

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
It’s the same here. My iPhone receives all instant notifications, while my Fold3 receives it late - when receive at all.

It seems to be an Android problem, really

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
This fixed this issue with my s21 and s21 Plus All notifications coming in right as rain.

I had the same issue and this fixed it.
Go to settings, then apps, then press the 3 dots on the top right. Select special access, then optimise battery usage. Scroll down through optimised apps and select Gmail for non optimised. Also go to adaptive notification on the same list showing optimise battery usage. And turn off adaptive notifications.
See if that works

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
This fixed this issue with my s21 and s21 Plus All notifications coming in right as rain.

You should get a couple lottery tickets because you are real lucky. None of this has worked for me and I've been through it all for many of months on several Android devices and nothing works.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
My s21 ultra has delayed notifications as well.
What was weird was I had an extra line through straight talk for a month my s21 ultra didn't have this delay issue and got notifications sometimes before my iPhone did..but once I put my Verizon sim back in then I had delayed notifications again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair