Notification sounds are the same

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Count me in to!
Just got the android 8 update and this happen da on mine to. Even did a factory reset after upgrading.

Love the new update but this is so anoying!
Is there a way to let HTC know?

NovaCore

Feb 6, 2018
Visit site
I've tweeted to HTCHelp, hoping they will at least forward the issue to someone that can change it. or is it a play to makes us get newer phones? jokes aside. any other suggestions?

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If anyone expects anything from HTC you are wasting your time. Never did see that 7.1 update to fix the 7.0 problems did we? Dont expect anything and you wont be let down. Im so done with HTC after all these phones. I still kept thinking they would do right. If Google ever gets the next pixel right there I go. Until then I will stumble along with my overpriced toy called a HTC 10 phone which will finally be paid off in June.

NovaCore

Feb 6, 2018
Visit site
i must say I didn't really encounter any trouble with 7.0, however, this is making me quite insane, not being able to hear what's happening. I suppose I will look out for the next HTC, otherwise I'm probably turning my eyes to anything that's not Samsung.

rothe

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Not meaning to dismiss the OP's and others' claims, but I'm not experiencing this issue. Unlocked HTC 10 on AT&T, using K9 Mail and the HTC messaging app, each with their own notification sound. Just chiming in to supply another data point.

Got my OTA update to Oreo last week, and was concerned about this. No problem for me.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed there is no sound when I get a text. When I go to settings under Sound, it says Default sound, when I hit it it takes me to File Mgr or Media Storage. I turned on Vibrate, which was turned off. I have it on High, Make a Sound. But nothing is happening.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I got it back easily, just went to settings, Notifications/Sound/Sound and checked the sound I wanted. Not sure why it was taken off on the Oreo update

ianniow

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
Just add my bit I have the exact same thing txt message notification is default sound and you cannot change them to be different. I have had some sort of response on twitter see conversation below:-
2d
Replying to
In some instances, we may be able to deploy a software update to address an issue. We recommend you regularly check your device for updates and download them when available."

Retweet
More options

1d
Replying to @htc
Thanks it would be good to get my notifications different sounds as I am missing text messags thinking it is a phone thing.
I will check for updates and let you know what happens. Is there a time Scale for this fix??

Retweet
More options
HTC
@htc
Replying to
At the moment, we do not have an ETA. But rest assured the it will be very soon.2d
Replying to @ianniow
In some instances, we may be able to deploy a software update to address an issue. We recommend you regularly check your device for updates and download them when available."

Retweet
More options

1d
Replying to @htc
Thanks it would be good to get my notifications different sounds as I am missing text messags thinking it is a phone thing.
I will check for updates and let you know what happens. Is there a time Scale for this fix??

Gallon Chris

May 2, 2018
Visit site
has anyone tried a factory reset to see if that fixed the notification problem?

Yes, but for a different reason... And unfortunately the problem persists. Interestingly this is also affecting my bosses Samsung 9 phone too.

This is really a bummer for me, in that I have an "alerts" email that I need to be loud and obnoxious. Right now everything is coming in the same... All three email accounts and my text messages. This is a real PITA for me!!!

Danim24

May 25, 2018
Visit site
Hi
Been a quiet thread for a while has anybody had a fix or work around as I still have this problem

Mine is still playing up. Can't find anything on web to try and fix it. No answers from HTC via Twitter. Quite ironic really, with the upcoming release of the 12+.... Which they have no chance of me upgrading if they can't be bothered to fix this or even answer my messages. I'm off to Sony for my next phone. I've been with HTC for years, but no more!

FrankCA

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
Keeping this thread alive - same problem on my HTC10 with Android 8.0.0 using MS Outlook or HTC Mail apps.

Note that K9Mail does not exhibit this behaviour - I can set individual notification tones for incoming mails on a per-account basis. Exactly what I need! Will use it for now (or ever if no HTC changes).

c4551u5

Aug 29, 2018
Visit site
Keeping this thread alive - same problem on my HTC10 with Android 8.0.0 using MS Outlook or HTC Mail apps.

Note that K9Mail does not exhibit this behaviour - I can set individual notification tones for incoming mails on a per-account basis. Exactly what I need! Will use it for now (or ever if no HTC changes).

Same here, HTC10 after update to 8.0, notifications settings have a serious bug. As described in this thread - when I choose notification sound in Messages, for example, instead of saying that sound is set to whatever sound I just chose, it says default. And that is true because that sound that I chose in Messages is set as a default sound (not just for that app but in general). So all apps have the same default sound, and when the sound is changed in some app it actually changes default sound for all apps and sets the sound for that app to default.

Very annoying. Somebody help please! :confused:

osian so me thing

Jan 3, 2020
Visit site
i must say I didn't really encounter any trouble with 7.0, however, this is making me quite insane, not being able to hear what's happening. I suppose I will look out for the next HTC, otherwise I'm probably turning my eyes to anything that's not Samsung.

It took me a couple of hours, but in the end I found a solution. Get NotifiCon from the play store, tick the top box and select the sound you want for the app you've selected. The next part is important, or it won't work, tick the box at the bottom "bypass do not disturb". Bob's a job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024