Question notifications keep coming back after swipe

axescot

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy A52 5G running Android 13. When I swipe away a notification, it comes back shortly after. It happens with multiple apps such as calendar, gmail, linkedin. Pretty much every needs to be swiped away twice. I've tried swiping to the left. I tried swiping to the right. I tried clearing the cache of most of my apps. Still won't go away. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to clear the cache of all apps at once? I'm hoping to solve this without running a factory reset.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. It seems some aps require the app to be opened to acknowledge the notification. The app doesn't recognize swiping away the notification as acknowledgement of receipt. So when the notification is swiped away the app still sees the, message or whatever, as still being active and the next notification just adds to the list instead of starting over as a new occurrence. This can also happen with some apps that refresh and don't see an occurrence of the app being opened resending the same notifications. In a way its a fail safe so notifications aren't missed or more realistically its a way to force you to open the app cause if you have to open the app to acknowledge the notification your not likely to just open and close it but instead stick around and do other stuff and stay on longer.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

axescot

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. It seems some aps require the app to be opened to acknowledge the notification. The app doesn't recognize swiping away the notification as acknowledgement of receipt. So when the notification is swiped away the app still sees the, message or whatever, as still being active and the next notification just adds to the list instead of starting over as a new occurrence. This can also happen with some apps that refresh and don't see an occurrence of the app being opened resending the same notifications. In a way its a fail safe so notifications aren't missed or more realistically its a way to force you to open the app cause if you have to open the app to acknowledge the notification your not likely to just open and close it but instead stick around and do other stuff and stay on longer.
boo

• Haha
Reactions: VidJunky

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000