Notifications question

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Just switched from s21u to s23u and I've noticed I'm not getting a lot of notifications come through to my galaxy watch 46mm, these are notifications that I always got before like cnn, sometimes fox news, things like that. Does anybody know if there is a way to fix this or could it be some sort of compatibility issue. Fox news has come through to my watch but as I was typing this a notification came through from them but only notified me on the phone.

Thanks for any help in advance

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to go through and turn off/on notifications in the Wear app again. I had to do this on my Watch 4 Classic after swapping phones.

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Thank you I will give that a shot

Turned notifications in wearable off and back on and doesn't seem to have worked

Edit: I just restarted my phone and watch to see if that makes a difference

Last edited:

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Very odd. I'll see if I can dig in some here in a bit.
I just noticed that I seem to get them on my watch only when my phone is locked when before I got them on my watch no matter what. I finally got a couple from fox news when I didn't have the phone unlocked, I'm curious to see if I get them from other apps when it's locked. I'd like to figure out if there is a way to get them even when the phone is unlocked.

My s21u I got them anytime and liked it because if I was in full screen I could see without doing anything to my phone if it's something I need to do something about now or if it's something that can wait

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I found more settings within the app besides the generic notifications on or off and think I finally got it solved

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2