Nova / Launcher or TW

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Today Calendar widget. It's perfect for nova cause you can stretch it edge to edge. What I do is snap the month calendar at the top half of the screen and the agenda on the bottom.

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Is this just me or can anyone else get the wallpaper to change for the home screen and lockscreen using the long press and going to wallpapers? The only way I can get it to work is if I save an image to my gallery and do it that way. Or go to settings of the phone and do it that way as well.

dynot

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Switched to Nova once I learned that I can sort my app drawer alphabetically. I have no problems with TW but looking for an app in the drawer was a real PIA, (Before anyone mentions it, I have the international version of the edge which is known to have the sort option missing.)

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
The s6 is the only device that makes me want to keep coming back to TW - I have a weekly battle with myself. Last week I was running TW with the dark material theme from the store, this week I'm back to Action launcher 3 - I'm sure come the weekend I'll be installing Nova again!

I just can't seem to find the launcher that's right for me - so far I'm sticking with AL 3 :)

Grievus

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Nova all the way. I use that with the lollipop icon set, Amber weather, and muzei to change my wallpapers every day. Plus I hide all the theme apps and any of the dumb pre-installed apps I disabled.

TouchWiz isn't the worst but it's the tiny extra details I like having control over.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Stock TW now includes some very good theme store choices that bakes theme changes deep into system apps like settings and messaging apps that no launcher has.
Also love the new TW option to have 5 icons across the screen, something that kills Google Now Launcher for me. I hate the giant icons on a qhd screen. Makes the phone look like the old person big button land line phones they sell at Walgreens...

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher Prime on a Note 4, love it...but got a replacement Note 4 (bad camara) and I cannot figure out this one thing.

I like a clean look, no words, small icons, and NOTHING in the botton row that stays constant on all screens (I know many want the phone, message etc icons always available.)

I know how to empty the row of icons, but now the row stays shaded gray, whereas on my old phone (which I still have) there is no shading...this makes the wallpaper prettier and the screen look bigger. I just want nothing shading the screen at all, in fact my home screen is just rotating photos, no icons. I have to, and dont mind, swiping to another screen to do anything at all (except say "OK Google".)

I've tried everything, even had google play help. both phones are on lollipop 5.0.1, nothing different that I know at all.

Is there a place to email Nova? I couldnt find it.

I know I'm being picky, but the note 4 screen is so beautiful that I want it perfectly clean.

Thanks

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I cannot stand tw. The app drawer is a mess, with nova I have it all alphabetical order. I like to change the look a lot and also I can save the way my icons appear on the home screen in Google Drive so if I need to replace my phone it's all there and I don't need to put all my icons in order again. I still use the tw themes, it doesn't affect the icons but that's fine, I just download some from the play store.

commasplice

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it looks like the widgets are paper just curling off the screen. Awesome!

Love the Nova for one big reason: I can use icon packs with ease. Currently rocking one called Vopor.

Sam Fouani

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Nova. Get a widget, resize it to the edges. Disable Padding. Thank me later when you're enjoying the sexiness of swiping between homescreens. drool...

Wait. I don't quite get what difference it makes swiping between homescreens with padding disabled.

I actually love Nova because of widget padding. I have the S6 edge+ and when you enable padding the widgets flow nicely into the curved edges without any buffer between the widgets and the bezels.
Of course, the speed set to faster than light on Nova combined with animations (in developer options) set to 0 or 0.5, makes for a way smoother experience.

YoungunAK54

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
First post so be gentle.

I've been using Nova on my previous device (s4) and loved it.
However on the S6 its really bugging me.

The resolution/text size of some of my widgets is far too big when using Nova and I can't reduce it.

I would post pics but it won't let me due to my low post count :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24