Now I have Sprint's HTC Hero!!!!!

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm new here, my wife was eligible for an upgrade on her line that I'm using so she bought me the HTC Hero today. I used to frequent Crackberry, and today was the last day I "needed" to use my BB 8830WE. I tried patiently to wait for the Tour2, but I heard that the Hero was the talk of the town.

So now I'm playing with the phone......I'm glad to be here on this site, and you'll here from me more.

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the Hero family and if you really want to fall in love with your phone go into the hacking boards and see all that can be Done... Its Great.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
It's good to have another Hero user on here... and you'll find Android Central to be more fun and helpful than Crackberry lol.

I'd say if you really want to fall in love with your Hero, start getting apps and wallpapers! Plus throw some custom ringtones and music on that baby, and it'll be your own in no time!

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
i just got my hero two days ago.. i had the bb tour was going to wait for the tour 2. but it been so many promising dates n they all got broken so i just got a HTC Hero.. i had a g1 a long time ago so android is nothing new to me.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations I just came back to the Hero today after a very short stint with the Palm Pre. The Hero disprove to be the best phone on Sprint. Just my opinion.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations I just came back to the Hero today after a very short stint with the Palm Pre. The Hero disprove to be the best phone on Sprint. Just my opinion.

I honestly didn't think you would have the Pre for long, but I didn't want to say anything. I made a comment directed to you about the extended battery from Seidio. I highly recommend it. I honestly could care less about the bulk. I used the crap out of this phone and got 2 days after its first charge, and it'll only get better as I break it in. I'm thinking about painting the back plate once things slow down with school.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I honestly didn't think you would have the Pre for long, but I didn't want to say anything. I made a comment directed to you about the extended battery from Seidio. I highly recommend it. I honestly could care less about the bulk. I used the crap out of this phone and got 2 days after its first charge, and it'll only get better as I break it in. I'm thinking about painting the back plate once things slow down with school.

You are very perceptive. I had returned the Pre four times in one week. It was time to come back to the Hero.

nimhero

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android and the hero. This forum has kept me informed and sane at times, so hope it is helpful for you too. I too came from bb and crackberry and happy to say, never looked back.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok....I've had my Hero for a few days and had a chance to toy around with it, as well as add a few apps. Currently I've got Handcent, RingDroid, and Layar, and I'm loving all 3. My memory is at 129MB, and i'm not really a big fan of having alot of apps. Already customized my ringtones, alarms, phone contacts, and notifications.........so now, I may look into rooting my phone this week, I'm kinda scared to do it, but hopefully the Root thread on these forums will help me.

I love this phone!!!!

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine was like that... I just wiped the phone and now I'm at 43mb with all my apps installed.
I would try wiping it and starting from scratch again, may be surprised with what you see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCheekyDinosaur