number sync and HD voice

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought the s3 frontier from ATT last week. It worked with number sync on my Pixel XL for a few days and then my phone would not make calls. It turns out they had to add HD calling to the Pixel which I assume was non-supported. When they removed the HD calling the ability to make phone calls came back. Any ideas? I love the watch but will have to return it if I can't use Numbersync.

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
m going to have to return the watch tomorrow. So if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear it today so that I can keep it. I really like the watch but can't have my phone stop working because the Pixel XL must not support HD voice.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Do you have another phone that supports HD Voice? I had the same issue and fortunately have a Samsung phone (supporting HD voice) I could use to set Numbersync back up again. I could then switch back over to the Pixel (or other non-HD Voice supported phones) without any more issues. There may come a time when I lose that functionality again and have to go through the same process, but I have not had any issues since that one time. It may be tough to get it set up right again if you do not have a phone that supports HD Voice

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I went to return the watch yesterday because every time they added HD voice to the Pixel XL I was no longer able to make outgoing calls. When I returned it I said I'd probably buy it if I could just use it as a bluetooth watch and forget about number sync. They let me pay the $349, which is the same price as the bluetooth only model and I just don't have the LTE activated. maybe they will figure the number sync thing out. I told them about the workaround that was suggested with using a Samsung phone to set it up and they said I could use on of the stores phones, but i'm not sure how that would work. Any thoughts?

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I went to return the watch yesterday because every time they added HD voice to the Pixel XL I was no longer able to make outgoing calls. When I returned it I said I'd probably buy it if I could just use it as a bluetooth watch and forget about number sync. They let me pay the $349, which is the same price as the bluetooth only model and I just don't have the LTE activated. maybe they will figure the number sync thing out. I told them about the workaround that was suggested with using a Samsung phone to set it up and they said I could use on of the stores phones, but i'm not sure how that would work. Any thoughts?

I'm sorry you're having these issues, but this just raised another Question. If the Pixel is a flagship phone (at it's price it should be...) Why doesn't it have HD voice?

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
It can have HD voice but ATT will not install HD voice unless it's an ATT phone. Since it's not sold by ATT and is unlocked they had to do some sort of workaround

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the AT&T LTE model and don't have the LTE service for it. I really want to ... because thats the level of nerd I am, it sounds cool, so I want it... but in the end I just can't see using it. I don't envision a time when I would have the watch without my phone close by. Everyone is different, and it certainly has its place for some people, but for me it just isn't a feature I would use.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't envision a time when I would have the watch without my phone close by.

You might be surprised by how freeing it feels to not carry a cell phone. Those of us of a certain age remember life before cell phones existed. If you weren't at home or work, you just couldn't be reached. The good ole days...

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was going to be ok because it has bluetooth as well as wifi. What i found out though is that when you are out of bluetooth range the wifi will not show an alert for a phone call coming in, and you can't receive a call like you can with bluetooth. If I can't get number sync to work then back it goes again

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You might be surprised by how freeing it feels to not carry a cell phone. Those of us of a certain age remember life before cell phones existed. If you weren't at home or work, you just couldn't be reached. The good ole days...
How did we ever manage! ;-)

I'm sure today that feeling would be overwhelming anxiety, rather then freedom.

Bryan Smith8

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Just curious is your watch still working after setting up number sync on the phone that supports HD voice and then switching the SIM card back to other phone? I have the same issue with new Lg watch sport but haven't tried what you mentioned yet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao