Occasionally seeing toast Can't connect to [redacted]. Not trying to connect to anything.

ep1997

Jul 16, 2022
Visit site
I keep getting this toast message at random times and it's driving me crazy. As the title says, it displays this exact message: "Can't connect to [MAC address redacted by Mod]" It's the same Bluetooth address every time. I've looked it up and the first six digits on a few sites trace back to a company called Shenzhen Bilian Electronic Co., LTD. They make wireless stuff and routers but I don't see any Bluetooth devices on their website. Searching with the remaining half of the address yields nothing more specific.

I'm not trying manually to connect to any Bluetooth device and I've looked at the Bluetooth device for every device that I've already connected to with this phone and none of them match this one. My house is pretty close to my neighbor's house so it could be a device in their house but I don't understand why my phone would be trying to pair with it.

Anyone else get this issue? Any advice? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. It's probably caused by an app that it's trying to connect to an external device. In some similar cases the culprit was a dash cam app (Nexar, if I recall correctly). Do you have a similar app installed in your phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whoops, just realized that the MAC address was also in the thread title -- also edited that out.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Are you able to connect to wifi? Connect wifi and disable data and check if you can search the web. I'm curious if Mac address filtering was enabled on your router. Check that and also possibly check nearby share and devices in Google settings.

ep1997

Jul 16, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. It's probably caused by an app that it's trying to connect to an external device. In some similar cases the culprit was a dash cam app (Nexar, if I recall correctly). Do you have a similar app installed in your phone?

Hi, thanks! That seems on point, yes I do have Nexar. Often I also get a notification from Nexar that the dashcam isn't paired properly. They don't coincide though, the notification and the toast, so I never put the two together in my mind. I'll do some searching about Nexar in the forum. Thank you!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thanks! That seems on point, yes I do have Nexar. Often I also get a notification from Nexar that the dashcam isn't paired properly. They don't coincide though, the notification and the toast, so I never put the two together in my mind. I'll do some searching about Nexar in the forum. Thank you!
You could uninstall Nexar temporarily, as a test, and see if you still get the same error message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh