Odd battery behavior

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain why my battery does not drain like a ski slope? There is a weird increase in battery life even though it is not plugged in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387636009673.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387636009673.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 25

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I've not payed much attention since my time between charges is so good (7-10 days for my usage). Every so often I've noticed that the %charge at power-on was higher that it was at prior power-off. Seems a clear violation of the laws of physics and an opportunity for my battery to last forever on a single charge.

Don't sweat it -- probably a glitch in the Battery History software.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I've not payed much attention since my time between charges is so good (7-10 days for my usage). Every so often I've noticed that the %charge at power-on was higher that it was at prior power-off. Seems a clear violation of the laws of physics and an opportunity for my battery to last forever on a single charge.
Don't sweat it -- probably a glitch in the Battery History software.

7-10 Days!?! Wow that's great! You must barely use it to get that?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain why my battery does not drain like a ski slope? There is a weird increase in battery life even though it is not plugged in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I do believe there is a small big in 4.4, if that's the version you are on, that increases your battery percentage even though you aren't charging it. This happens to me on my nexus 5 and then started to happen on my nexus 7 after I updated to 4.4. Although it doesn't increase that much. Only one percent at a time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
7-10 Days!?! Wow that's great! You must barely use it to get that?

FYI- My daily usage is wifi on (about 1 hr/day) only when checking e-mails, stock mkt; and wifi off for 1hr/day of off-line podcasts, 1 hr/day of off-line book reading. N7 sleeps during much of the day (just like me) and is powered down at night . Screen brightness set to about 40%

Occasionally use N7 for vids (Netflix, You-tube) but.of course, that depletes charge more repidly

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
FYI- My daily usage is wifi on (about 1 hr/day) only when checking e-mails, stock mkt; and wifi off for 1hr/day of off-line podcasts, 1 hr/day of off-line book reading. N7 sleeps during much of the day (just like me) and is powered down at night . Screen brightness set to about 40%

Occasionally use N7 for vids (Netflix, You-tube) but.of course, that depletes charge more repidly

Impressive! I find that with the bright screen on this device I only need brightness at about 25% at best.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000