Odin for Baseband Version I897UCKB2 (BK2)

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
JI6 is 2.1 not 2.2, though in theory you could then go through the usual upgrade process with kies to official 2.2.

I just searched, and I do not see a 2.2 stock ROM for anything except Rogers (Canada). If you need 2.2 stock, I would try the JI6 one-click and then upgrade with the official.

If you just want a KB2 build, there are several good 2.2 ROMs based off it. There are one-click packages for KF1, which is 2.3.3 as well as a relatively new KH3, which is 2.3.4. I have heard things about Kh3 that would keep me away for now, until the kinks are worked out, and KF1 is not perfect either... though it is pretty darned close.

Reactions: Alex.Kim

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Using KF1 and it is pretty damn close to being perfect. I haven't noticed hardly any problems. Most of my problems were resolved when I removed tw4. Its stable enough for every day use.

Sent from my freaking awesome Captivate via Tapatalk

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
KF1 (Cognition 5v2) is my daily as well. I have a slightly longer list of issues, but they don't happen often.

-I removed my EXT SD card due to the app install location problem. The whole phone seems to run better when it is not there.
-Abnormal battery drain for CELL STANDBY. This happens on occasion, Reboot seems to solve it for a while. Pretty sure it is due to low signal where I work, which is always an issue to work-around.
-Random shutdown. This is rare, and when it does happen, is typically when I plug in to charge, so not a huge problem. If it happened more, it would be.

And that is it. Runs very fast on the EXT4 in the Cog kernel, and everything else works great. No BT issues, good voice quality, dock sound is great and the battery life is at least as good as the best I have ever had.

I am closely watching the KH3 builds, and will likely try one shortly now that they have been out for a bit and others have found the big bugs :).

CM7 for our phone raises the bar quite high, and unless you snap a lot of photos or just have to have audience chip (voice quality) support, it may be the best option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcj001