Official Xperia 10 won't receive Android 11

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi all hope you're having a great holiday season so far 2020 had been a pain but it looks like 2021 isn't looking good for us with the Xperia 10 and 10 plus.

Sony announced in their blog on the 1st of December 2020 their official list of devices getting the update.

Xperia 5 and ii
Xperia 1 and ii
Xperia 10 ii

I mean its ridiculous as the Xperia 10 and 10 plus are the same form factor, released with the new generation of Xperias (the 1 and the 5) has the same 21.9 screen. The only difference is the type of Snapdragon used. Its just so egregious and infuriating to see the previous and current versions of the 5 and 1 getting it and ONLY the 10 ii.

In my region its hard to get the 10 ii as they are locked to networks (Vodafone and Eir) I also tried buying direct from Sonys E partner and they only deliver to the UK not Ireland. I love my Xperia 10 and the natural upgrade (for me) is to move to the 10 ii. If you wish to show support for your Xperia 10 and 10 plus I've made a post about it in the Sony community in the 10 Series section and add your interest and maybe Sony might add our devices.

Source: https://blogs.sonymobile.com/

Happy Holidays

Éire 💖

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately Sony has a very bad reputation when it comes to supporting their phones. I see very few ads for them (or the phones themselves) around, and have never owned one and never will. Honestly I can't believe Sony is still selling phones. They're way overpriced, you can get MUCH better supported comparable hardware for less. Let them stick to making PlayStations ;)

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately Sony has a very bad reputation when it comes to supporting their phones. I see very few ads for them (or the phones themselves) around, and have never owned one and never will. Honestly I can't believe Sony is still selling phones. They're way overpriced, you can get MUCH better supported comparable hardware for less. Let them stick to making PlayStations ;)

Yes I'm beginning to believe that. I started my sony journey back when they released the M5 until I found out they won't be releasing Oreo for it so I bought the XA1 about two months after it was released then I found out pie wasn't being pushed to it so I then bought the 10 about a week after it was released it had pie out the box and I was delighted to hear that Android 10 would be pushed to it (I'm running Android 10). So when I heard Android 11 was being pushed this year into next I was excited as I was 100% sure it would be pushed to my device as its part of the new generation Xperia line. Until I checked the sony blog and alas my hopes were dashed. I mean the 10 ii isn't widely available in a lot of the markets (due to Covid19) so I mean it would make sense to push Android 11 to the existing 10 and Plus. I mean the 10 plus did really well it made many top lists when it came out.

My future with Sony is seriously in doubt after this. I just don't know what to do. Even their PlayStation is not that impressive I'm more of an Xbox Series X person. Just makes me so mad.

Hope you're having a great holiday season and thanks for your reply.

Éire 🎄🎄🎄

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power