Oh boy! Mate 9 is available in the US, will you switch?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I love that it is a big phone but I'm in the club of preferring smaller. The Honor 8 is the biggest I would go.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting...to me i don't see it as being twice as good as the honor 8.

Battery is big... But battery life is around half of my Moto z play droid.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Mate 9 for about a month and I LOVE it! Huawei/Honor make great phones!

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Been very interested and been waiting anxiously for an official US release. Price is fair and it's unlocked. Feared that it was going to be a carrier locked phone.

I recently bought the ZTE axon 7 because it was on sale and I am liking this phone a lot. My first official android phone, after switching from iphone and Note 7, but I am very curious about the mate 9. I will wait till they have some demos on the floor of Best buy to actually try it/feel it out. If I really like the feel, might get it to try it out and if I really like it, sell my axon 7.

Read good reviews on this phone. Will wait to see reviews from actual US models.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Been very interested and been waiting anxiously for an official US release. Price is fair and it's unlocked. Feared that it was going to be a carrier locked phone.

I recently bought the ZTE axon 7 because it was on sale and I am liking this phone a lot. My first official android phone, after switching from iphone and Note 7, but I am very curious about the mate 9. I will wait till they have some demos on the floor of Best buy to actually try it/feel it out. If I really like the feel, might get it to try it out and if I really like it, sell my axon 7.

Read good reviews on this phone. Will wait to see reviews from actual US models.

It does sound like a good device, for sure! Also, congratulations on your Axon 7! I've heard really good things about this phone, as well. What's your favourite part about the experience so far?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, Huawei just announced Mate 9 is Google Daydream ready.

The only reason that keeps me away from Axon 7 and in fact OP3T is the dual-lens camera. They are now pretty standard in Honor and Huawei flagships.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Nope. They announced the mate 9 porsche edition and mate 9 pro is daydream ready and not the normal 5.9" one which is available in the US.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
The only reason that keeps me away from Axon 7 and in fact OP3T is the dual-lens camera.

Dual lenses are the rage it seems.

Off topic:
That ZTE Blade V8 Pro (what a name Lol ...) has the 2 cameras at 13MP each with a monochrome mode.
I wish the honor 8 cam had monochrome straight out of the camera.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
While monochrome while shooting would be nice, you'll probably find changing it to monochrome after leaves you with sharper images anyway.

rhleek

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I was ready to jump on the bandwagon, Note 4 is ready to be replaced, but no CDMA capability has stopped me dead in my tracks. Now, what comparable spec phones are coming CDMA way?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was ready to jump on the bandwagon, Note 4 is ready to be replaced, but no CDMA capability has stopped me dead in my tracks. Now, what comparable spec phones are coming CDMA way?

The mate 9 does have CDMA support and works on the worlds largest CDMA Carrier. It even supports Verizon's primary CDMA frequency. It also supports 3 of 4 Verizon LTE bands in case you were wondering, but of course no b13. Of course this is just specs... Verizon activating it on their network is another story.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I can verify that the Mate 9 does NOT support Daydream, as I have a Mate 9 and a Daydream and they don't work together. I have some VERY small hope that a software update will eventually come that will make it work BUT I heard the same as above that only the more expensive models would support Daydream. Although I DID pay more than 599 for my Mate, lol. Not TOO much more thankfully but that is the price you pay to get it early. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohsin sadat