Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So I've had this amazing phone for a couple of months but I don't live in a 4G area... in fact, my little backwater podunk town will not be getting 4G coverage until two months after Hell freezes over... but I digress.

Anyway, I'm back in my old stomping grounds for a bit... (HELLO SAN DIEGO, DADDY'S HOME!! MISS ME?!) and I just got my first taste from the 4G hose. Oh my, that's nice... that's very nice (phone got hot -- not unbearable hot but certainly the hottest it has ever been).

Oh yeah, if the network seemed a little slow in SD the other day, that was me. My bad.

Going back to BFE (and its 3G network) is going to suck and blow at the same time :p

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So I've had this amazing phone for a couple of months but I don't live in a 4G area... in fact, my little backwater podunk town will not be getting 4G coverage until two months after Hell freezes over... but I digress.

Anyway, I'm back in my old stomping grounds for a bit... (HELLO SAN DIEGO, DADDY'S HOME!! MISS ME?!) and I just got my first taste from the 4G hose. Oh my, that's nice... that's very nice (phone got hot -- not unbearable hot but certainly the hottest it has ever been).

Oh yeah, if the network seemed a little slow in SD the other day, that was me. My bad.

Going back to BFE (and its 3G network) is going to suck and blow at the same time :p

Never needed one so I'm not sure if it would help, especially if your living on Dagobah like. Yoda. Did you ever check into picking up a network extender from VZW?

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Never needed one so I'm not sure if it would help, especially if your living on Dagobah like. Yoda. Did you ever check into picking up a network extender from VZW?

My 3G coverage is great all over town, in buildings, etc and I have smoking wifi connection at home (although 3G works great at home as well) -- the 3G network moves along at a good speed but certainly not at 4G speeds.

Going back to that after seeing what 4G can do is going to be sad... closest 4G area is well over 100 miles away. /sigh.

also: +1 for Star Wars comment -- I used to have 'JediJoe' plates on my car... If you're gonna be fan, go big or go home!

edit to add plate link...
JediJoe.jpg

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Yeah have you ever checked into paying VZ more money to extend their network instead of doing what they should?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah have you ever checked into paying VZ more money to extend their network instead of doing what they should?

No, I never had to. Really, aside from the fact a N. Ext exists, I have no idea what the deal is w/ those things. Only thing I read about it was that they ended up giving one to someone for free after complaints of coverage being promised but it was like 1x rtt, 23/7, 3G cdma 1/7. I also said it w/out knowing what kind of coverage area he was in aside from the attributed B.F.E. What's the deal w/ them?

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Talk about adding insult to injury... that is probably the only thing that would make me bail "Company X" -- "buy this and pay X extra on top of your monthly bill in order to use our network"

I forget which provider it was but I think some people had to buy an extender and attach it to their cable? Great, now they have to worry about their data cap on their phone *and* their cable... wrong kind of "two-for-one" deal