"OK Google" command inconsistencies with three screen off...

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Still the best phone ever, but... I've noticed that the OK GOOGLE command is pretty erratic with the screen off.

Sometimes it beeps, and responds with voice perfectly when I ask the time.

Other times, it will beep and just bring up the passcode screen and stop there.

Other times it will Work fine, but with no audio at all.

No phone settings are changing throughout these scenarios... Always set the same. Also, I am using the fingerprint as a screen lock.

Thanks!

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
It sporadically ignores me, screen off, on, unlocked, etc. Also, as much as i love the 6p... The Bluetooth is the worst I've experienced. Bluetooth in general is crap... But this is as bad as it gets.

Posted via the Android Central App

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It sporadically ignores me, screen off, on, unlocked, etc. Also, as much as i love the 6p... The Bluetooth is the worst I've experienced. Bluetooth in general is crap... But this is as bad as it gets.

That's being said... Most of these issues can be fixed via software updates, right? I hope it's not physical hardware-related...

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
That's being said... Most of these issues can be fixed via software updates, right? I hope it's not physical hardware-related...

This is the reason I'm still not using one. I'm waiting for the Google fix and I'll come running back to it. The LTE issue on AT&T doesn't help matters, either. But Google needs to get on this. I hope these are software related.

crosspatch

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Still the best phone ever, but... I've noticed that the OK GOOGLE command is pretty erratic with the screen off.

No phone settings are changing throughout these scenarios... Always set the same. Also, I am using the fingerprint as a screen lock.

Thanks!

I get weird behavior, too. What it was doing for awhile (then mysteriously stopped) was waking up, accepting speech, then just stopping after a couple seconds as if I had stopped talking even though I had not.

I wonder how many people saw me screaming at my phone in the car when that was going on.

After nonsense like this, and its seeming inability to do simple things like turn the screen off, I have stopped using it except for navigation. Even then, it won't accept "navigate home" type commands unless web history is enabled.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I get weird behavior, too. What it was doing for awhile (then mysteriously stopped) was waking up, accepting speech, then just stopping after a couple seconds as if I had stopped talking even though I had not.

I wonder how many people saw me screaming at my phone in the car when that was going on.

After nonsense like this, and its seeming inability to do simple things like turn the screen off, I have stopped using it except for navigation. Even then, it won't accept "navigate home" type commands unless web history is enabled.

Hmmm.... Seems like an extreme cases you have there.... I hope it gets fixed for all of us soon....

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This a million times! It's so annoying, I can say ok Google till I'm red in the face and it won't work. Then there are times where it works the first time, but won't unlock the phone. Then it'll work and unlock the phone. I don't understand why this experience is so mixed. No matter how many times I fix the settings to where I want them, they end up resetting for some reason.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Thanks!

Same issue here. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I hope we get a fix soon

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Same issue for me as well. I like to use google now mustly to set timers, alarms, and reminders/calendar dates. not being able to do that immediately without touching my phone has become a serious 1st world problem to me. Seems like a pretty widespread issue with google now functionality. Not really a deal breaker, but definitely annoying.

I must have gotten the luckiest 6p of the whole bunch because i see numerous people complain about bluetooth with this phone yet with all the bluetooth devices I use, including two car stereo bluetooth connections, not a single one of them gives me any problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mekerz86