Ok Google not working correctly.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had my galaxy s21 ultra since launch 2 years ago, and I never had an issue with "ok Google". Everything is set up correctly, and have re-trained voice many times. When I say ok Google, the little green dot up in the right hand corner appears, which tells me that my phone heard something, but the screen doesn't open up. Any help would be appreciated.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've had that happen multiple times over the years after an update. I either go through the setup process again, which is easy because it remembers your saved voice model and jumps right to the "you already have a saved recording so you're all set", or I turn it off and back on. Those have always fixed it for me. A cache partition wipe did fix it on my wife's phone though, so that's also an easy option.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Both. I cleared the cache, and shut down the app.
For what it is worth, I always do voice searches from the widget on my phone screen. I tap the microphone, speak and search. A few days ago, it suddenly stopped working. The microphone would give an indication it heard me, but it wouldn't reproduce my entire speech. Just the first word.

I posted a help notice in the Google form. Nobody ever really answered it. I rebooted the phone, did what I could to turn things on and off, clear cache and jigger things around. I don't know that any of those things worked. I just think Google was having an issue. It went away by itself about 2 days ago.

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
For what it is worth, I always do voice searches from the widget on my phone screen. I tap the microphone, speak and search. A few days ago, it suddenly stopped working. The microphone would give an indication it heard me, but it wouldn't reproduce my entire speech. Just the first word.

I posted a help notice in the Google form. Nobody ever really answered it. I rebooted the phone, did what I could to turn things on and off, clear cache and jigger things around. I don't know that any of those things worked. I just think Google was having an issue. It went away by itself about 2 days ago.
A lot of times it is on Google's end... I've had many times where the problem just went away on it's own. I've learned to actually wait a while before I start messing with the assistant to see if it fixes itself. I'm not sure if it's busier times of the day, or a weaker signal that causes issues, although I do know that in an area by us with known terrible service my assistant never works. I've also noticed it works flawlessly on our home wifi 😉

So there's that lol.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29