OK Google now-play me a song...or don't

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I've run into my first real glitch with the Ultra. I finally got around to setting up the touchless feature. It works pretty good, mostly. It is having one problem that I can't seem to make any sense of. When I say "Ok Google now. Play(insert whatever song I feel like hearing) sometimes it will play the song, but sometimes it just brings up a list of youtube videos for the song. I don't have any songs on my phone they're all on google play music, so its not a matter of local vs cloud storage. I tried several songs from the same album, making sure that the entire album is on google. Some of them play fine, but others just bring up youtube. Anybody else having this problem?

Angemade

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me. Do the songs have to be in Google Play? I was getting "Blurred Lines" to play and I was not even signed up for Play. But no other songs. I have songs on my device and then I did purchase one to try out Play and it still won't work.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading different forums trying to find if there's an answer to this. I've also tried chatting with Moto support. It seems this is happening whether songs are locally on the phone, or on Google Play Music. It doesn't seem to matter if you've signed up for All Access or not, and it doesn't matter if you use a 3rd party music player or not.
The response from Matt(forum manager at Motorola.com) is that Google Now isn't very good yet. He said that Google is aware of this problem and that it's been escalated. Hopefully that means a fix will be coming soon.

jstkdn

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have it set to use Spotify to play. It does a pretty good job most of the time, but sometimes it recognizes my voice, opens Spotify, but then Spotify says nothing found. I tap in the search box, don't add anything, press search, and bam. Song. Weird. I'll agree with Matt that this is only going to get better with time, especially since the framework is the same as their new baby (the X).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582