Ok Google will NOT disappear!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone? Are you talking about the Google search bar widget? What do you mean when you say you switched off all references to it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Google search bar widget is often not removable from the homescreen, if you're using the stock launcher. You can remove it if you use a 3rd party launcher like Nova.

Or are you referring to the message "Say 'OK Google'" that appears in the widget?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you've already turned off the "OK Google" Detection from the Google App switch (in the Google app's settings) as well as the Always On switch, then it won't be listening for any voice commands unless you happen to tap the microphone button. The "Say 'OK Google'" text is probably a default text that shows up regardless of your settings.

Zardos

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I see it appear and disappear seemingly random on my phone in the search bar. When it shows the text, it still doesn't respond since I have the feature disabled.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Force stopping the app, then disabling was the only way I was able to achieve the removal of this app from my home screen. Locate "apps" withing th system settings, then locate Google search app. Force stop and disable. One other thing that has helped block this app from appearing again, is to install Opera Max which would be used to block or disable any unwanted apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae