On my Moto X - 2nd Gen Moto, why does the voice disable vibrate mode?

NJ2014

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Moto X - 2nd Gen Moto Voice disables vibrate mode

I am using a Moto X 2nd Gen device running Lollipop on Verizon Wireless. If I have my volume for ringer/notifications set to vibrate and then I access Moto Voice (e.g OK Moto X, what is the weather?) for some reason the volume on ringer/notifications is increased to close to 70% of max. I can actually "see" it happen if I press the volume rocker down to vibrate and then initiate a Moto Voice command. (I am talking about the window that shows up at the top of the phone when you change volumes - I can see it change from vibrate to 70% of max)

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, any fixes/workarounds?

Greg Bekiaris

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue. I've emailed and called motorola and they have no idea what I am talking about. It's becoming quite frustrating. Have you found any solutions yet?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Geez, this may be the reason I am going nuts in the other thread I made. I have my phone set to priority when I wake in the morning, but then when i get to work sometimes the volume is back on. I use moto voice in my car a lot obviously to make phone calls through the bluetooth.

Google and their new volume modes have blown it in my book.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Google and their new volume modes have blown it in my book

Guessing this is Moto's bug. It is Moto Voice setting the volume up so you can hear it, but not back down after it is through. This happens even if Moto Voice is doing something locally (not handing off to Google Search) such as "read notifications".

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto X - 2nd Gen Moto Voice disables vibrate mode

After a little more poking around, it is definitely Moto Voice. Google Search uses 'media volume' where Moto Voice is using 'ringer' volume.

Why is another mystery I have no good explanation for. Silly Moto!

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto X - 2nd Gen Moto Voice disables vibrate mode

I've noticed that as well. Especially the volume difference in Moto Voice and Google Search voices. It was the same way with the OG Moto X. Guess we are just going to have to put up with it.

Doorva

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Moto Voice uses the Media Volume. So if you will reduce the media volume then this moto voice volume will also be reduced.
I agree its annoying to listen to high moto voice while the phone is actually on vibrate mode. It can just be used as a workaround.:-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nuella90