Question On screen notification – They are driving me crazy .

BenDown

Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
First I not sure if this is the correct place to ask my question , but here goes .....

I’m using a ZTE Blade V50 Design mobile phone running MyOS Android 13 and every time I open an app or do any thing like downloading / bluetooth transfer , I get an annoying message on screen ( see screenshot with red arrows ) the individual notifications do eventually disappear , but as soon as I do some thing else , back comes another notification on the screen.

I have a feeling that the on screen notification issue may be some thing to do with a system setting , but Ive been through every setting on the phone and checked out Google / Youtube , but I still cannot see how to turn off these annoying notifications . Its driving me crazy – any one have an idea how I can get rid of these annoying on screen notifications .

Ben

. vvvv.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open your system settings, then go to Accessibility>Timing Controls. Look for an option called "Time to take action", and make sure that's set to Default (which should be the shortest duration, usually about 2-3 seconds).

Different phone manufacturers can have somewhat different menu trees, so if you can't find it with the above steps, just use the search bar in the system settings to look for "Time to take action."

Reactions: BenDown

BenDown

Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
Open your system settings, then go to Accessibility>Timing Controls. Look for an option called "Time to take action", and make sure that's set to Default (which should be the shortest duration, usually about 2-3 seconds).

Different phone manufacturers can have somewhat different menu trees, so if you can't find it with the above steps, just use the search bar in the system settings to look for "Time to take action."
Many thanks , I followed your instructions and set the '' Time to take action to a default setting '' and doing that makes all the constant onscreen notifications stay on screen for less time . I was hoping that there may be a way to completely stop any onscreen notifications from appearing at all , but from what I've now read completely turning off onscreen notifications may not be at all possible. I came across comment from a Samsung Android user ( see screen shot ) on how to completely turn off all onscreen notifications but on my ZTE Blade V50 Design mobile phone running MyOS Android 13 , the option shown by the Samsung user are not available on my mobile phone, so it looks like I'm stuck and still have to put up with all those annoying on screen notifications .

Ben

. Post1.jpg

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Wording and phrasing in our Settings menus vary quite a bit depending on manufacturer and OS version. Perhaps you might be able find a relevant option doing a Settings search for accessibility instead. ZTE might be using its own terminology for an option to squelch those popup notifications.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I believe those types of notifications (called "toast" notifications, because they "pop up" like toast) can't be turned off at the user level. It would be up to the app or system, which means it's a developer thing. All you can control is the duration they remain on screen.

BenDown

Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
Wording and phrasing in our Settings menus vary quite a bit depending on manufacturer and OS version. Perhaps you might be able find a relevant option doing a Settings search for accessibility instead. ZTE might be using its own terminology for an option to squelch those popup notifications.
Thanks I'm going to take a look .

Ben

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
When I see the word '' Root '' the phrase '' Ive bricked my phone '' springs to mind :)

Ben

Just to add to your comment, it needs to be emphasized that rooting is not a magic fix. Even when you do safely root your phone, having the ability to edit operating system coding does not necessarily mean you also have the required knowledge how to do so.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravi644