One Bad Customer Rep Experience

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately only one bad experience will turn years of good experiences and leave a bad taste in my mouth. I guess I should start by saying I've been a long time customer, left for 2 years to try AT&T, and came back as soon as I could and have been with T-Mobile for about 5-6 years now.

Looking back at what caused me to be upset I guess started with me calling T-Mobile to increase my minutes because we had a very close family member diagnosed with cancer... causing us to be calling all of our family a lot more to keep everybody updated and help with the support, which everyone needed at that time. The rep seemed very understanding, and even at the end of the call told me to just call when things settled down and they would change my minutes back. Family calling plan with 3 phones, one of which was a senior in college this year. So, the senior decided to go get her own phone service on another carrier... she called me last night and said she had a new phone and number. The last phone we purchased for her was the BB 8320 back about 3-4 years ago... since then she has used my old BB 8900 and was using my old BB 9700.

I call to remove her phone... the rep says I need to pay an ETF... I explained she has not had a phone upgrade in 3-4 years. She checks and says the contract was extended by 2 years when we changed out minutes... WHAT?

Maybe this is accurate... I've never been in this situation with any other carrier.... but it's not great customer service.

They have left a very bad taste in my mouth.

technology-buzz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow.

First of all I would like to wish the best for you and your family members during this difficult time.

Secondly, this does seem to be accurate but what I would do is to call T-Mobile if you have some free time and ask to speak to customer loyalty. Since you have been with T-Mobile w/ over 5 years and if your account is in good standing they should be able to wave the ETF. I would ask them to check the notes of the rep who you spoke to so that you can prove your point. And if all else fails just explain to them your situation and they should be able to help you.

Again I hope you and your family make it through this hard time and I wish you all the best. Good Luck

-npoonai

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Anytime you change your rate plan or upgrade you do extend your contract for another two years. I know with T-Mobile the ETF is prorated after a certain amount of time (I believe it starts reducing after a year of your contract). However, the associate or Care Rep who assisted you with this change should have made it abundantly clear to you when you made this change that it would extend your contract, and it was their mistake if they didn't. Luckily I know that Loyalty is pretty helpful with situations like this, and obviously they take everything on a case by case basis, but hopefully it will all work out for you in the end.