One click rooted.. now what?

dshep04#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So I'm brand new to the Samsung Fascinate and just got it rooted using the one click method. Now I want to flash a rom on it.. I'd like to try the Super Clean mod.. I like what I read about it... but I think I read I need to flash CWM first? I haven't found the "sticky" forum on how to do that. Please forgive my stupidity and please help. Thanks.

Reactions: Aotek 42

dshep04#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I read that but it's like pure Chinese to me.. It says to download the update.zip to sd card.. how do I go about putting that on my sd card? I'm so frustrated b/c I'm sure it's easy I'm just not seeing it.

dshep04#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks insult.. it's a work in progress but I've read great things about SuperClean... It's just these first steps that have me dumbfounded... I feel so stupid lol.

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
One last stupid question about the update.zip.. should I extract it before I put it on my sd card?

No, do not extract it. Just literally download it and place it on your sdcard. If there is already a file on there, it'll ask you if you wanna replace it. Just click yes. But im assuming you dont have one on there already anyway.

Download Odin. it should be on that forum. then just follow the instructions verbatum. you should be fine.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So anytime I want to flash something over to my phone like a boot screen I can just use Odin and follow the same kind of steps?

No. You use Odin for those designed packages only..

You will flash ROMs Kernels and Themes in Clockwork Mod Recovery.

Should have installed with your Odin package.. I hope.

Edit: You now have the option of flashing (installing) from your sd card using the installed CWM. Here is a link to the Tricks of the Trade Thread

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So anytime I want to flash something over to my phone like a boot screen I can just use Odin and follow the same kind of steps?

most of the time you will boot in to cwm. you flash cwm with odin and then boot into odin to change themes and kernels and roms and such.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I just got an error message saying... "The process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

what did you do prior to getting this message, please be more detailed when stating errors or problems the more detailed you are the better we can assist you .

Reactions: dshep04#AC

dshep04#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your help DroidXcon.. I just read your updated guide to install the superclean 2.4 the version that doesn't wipe data or cache... and I followed all the steps... I just turned on my phone.. It went through the setup w/ google account.. when I got to my home screen my phone vibrates and gives me that error message.

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

boot screens, im not sure. Im still figuring stuff out myself. I think you can just use clockwork mod once you flash the ROM on your phone. When I have time to explore i can let you know. but probably someone will have an answer for you by then.

Reactions: dshep04#AC

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your help DroidXcon.. I just read your updated guide to install the superclean 2.4 the version that doesn't wipe data or cache... and I followed all the steps... I just turned on my phone.. It went through the setup w/ google account.. when I got to my home screen my phone vibrates and gives me that error message.

ok that makes sense

ok do the following
if you put the update.zip on you sdcard, with the phone off
press and hold, Vol up+down+power button, until you see samsung flash twice then let go
this will lead you into blue recovery , scroll to apply sdcard:update.zip hit the home button
this will lead you into red clockwork
scroll down to wipe cache partition, press power button to select
then hit the search key to go back a page,, then select reboot system by pressing power button again ,,,,reboot and let me know if you are still receiving this error

but actually this will not work either because that was for upgrading if you already have froyo,,, you are going to need to flash the kernel and radio,,,, hold on a couple mins and i will fix the package to include radio and kernel and ill provide you with it, the only problem is it will take about a half hour. because it needs to upload

dshep04#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
When I did that in blue recovery and got to red recovery I received a message at the bottom saying E:Missing bitmap progress_empty (code -1)
E:Missing bitmap progress_fill (Code -1)
CwM Boodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1x

rebooted phone and still getting the error message.

EDIT: oh whoops.. I just saw your post at the bottom saying it wouldn't work... thanks for your work and time..

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When I did that in blue recovery and got to red recovery I received a message at the bottom saying E:Missing bitmap progress_empty (code -1)
E:Missing bitmap progress_fill (Code -1)
CwM Boodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1x

rebooted phone and still getting the error message.

yes please be patient im working on the problem for you