One more question.. having trouble with the sim tray on new Moto Z3 Play

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have another question for you guys ;) I can't get the sim tray on my brand new Z3 Play to slide in with my sim card in it. It's catching on the sim card and trying to bend the contacts :( The card fits fine in my pixel 1 which I'm trying to retire and my Moto X pure edition I retired years ago.

Are the Z3 plays known to have sim tray issues?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the SIM card have to snap into place? I've seen SIM trays where the card simply lies in place and can easily fall out when you take the tray out, and others where you have to snap the SIM into place (and therefore won't fall out easily).

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Also, the Z3 tray has a spot for a SIM and a SD Card. Are you sure the SIM is in the correct spot? I know it's an obvious question, but I accidentally tried to put the SIM in the SD slot once on my Z2 and realized my mistake when things didn't fit right.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys thanks so much for taking the time to respond :D B the sim card does snap into the tray.....a very handy feature actually. And Scott yep I made triple sure with 2 different cards that they were in the right place. The problem is a defect in the sim slot... it's installed off center and isn't allowing the cards to slide in :( I'm going to have to return it for a refund or exchange. I picked it up 16 months ago for $200 on clearance, and picked some mods up for it on clearance as well. It was a possible phone for my wife but she ended up wanting a pink G6 instead lol, so it has sat since. My credit card doubled the warranty on it to 2 years so I figured I'd better check it out before the warranty was up.

What I didn't figure is that there wouldn't be any more Z phone's available of ANY type :eek: When I went through this with my credit card warranty on my wife's Kindle, Amazon said keep the broken Kindle and my card refunded the purchase price. I'm kinda hoping that happens again because I really wanted to try out the mods I have. It would be an easy repair for a shop to fix the problem, and even with a refund there's no more Z's around to buy, so I'd just apply the refund to the repair. And I'd rather get this brand new one fixed than get a refurb.

I learned a good lesson... don't hoard gadgets. Use'm or lose'm! ;)

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys thanks so much for taking the time to respond :D B the sim card does snap into the tray.....a very handy feature actually. And Scott yep I made triple sure with 2 different cards that they were in the right place. The problem is a defect in the sim slot... it's installed off center and isn't allowing the cards to slide in :( I'm going to have to return it for a refund or exchange. I picked it up 16 months ago for $200 on clearance, and picked some mods up for it on clearance as well. It was a possible phone for my wife but she ended up wanting a pink G6 instead lol, so it has sat since. My credit card doubled the warranty on it to 2 years so I figured I'd better check it out before the warranty was up.

What I didn't figure is that there wouldn't be any more Z phone's available of ANY type :eek: When I went through this with my credit card warranty on my wife's Kindle, Amazon said keep the broken Kindle and my card refunded the purchase price. I'm kinda hoping that happens again because I really wanted to try out the mods I have. It would be an easy repair for a shop to fix the problem, and even with a refund there's no more Z's around to buy, so I'd just apply the refund to the repair. And I'd rather get this brand new one fixed than get a refurb.

I learned a good lesson... don't hoard gadgets. Use'm or lose'm! ;)
I'm not surprised, after the Z2 Force I don't think they sold very well. The Z4 was released last Summer and Moto probably pushed all the available units away on sale when the new Moto Edge was announced this year.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep the Z4's came and went with a whisper. The Z3 Play is a nice looking/feeling phone, but I'm pretty disappointed with the build quality. My Moto X Pure Edition is miles better in actual function and form. Lenovo needs to step up their game like they're stepping up their prices lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali