One Plus 3 owners, how has your battery been holding up?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Been thinking about getting a OnePlus phone as my next flagship. Just with the sealed battery, I am a bit concerned. Original OnePlus 3 owners (who owned at launch), how's your battery life like? Any drop in battery performance? I know the fast charge is good and all, but wondering if that causes problems later down the road.

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
My launch day op3 battery is still working about as well as it ever has. It can get through the day with light usage but I usually top it off in the afternoon to not worry about it. I use the dash charger for the top off. For overnight, an old phone charger works just as well. So I'm not always dashing if that matters to battery.

calbrs04

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm still averaging about 4.5 hours of screen on time and 16-18 hrs of standby. During a normal work day that includes text, calls, fb messenger (thanks to the gf), and listening to music/podcast all day on play music. My standby time did go down from marshmallow to nougat but it wasn't much. I have also been running the betas since they first became available. Overall it has been solid. Dash charging is great. I came from a V10.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is still very good after OOS 4.1.7 update. Standby drain has been excellent. Can easily make it through a full day with heavy use and 50℅ data. Tested battery life on light use with mostly wifi and location disabled. Went 3+ days before charging with 25℅ left.

maxmin

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
My battery has gotten weaker in just 4 mo. Accubattery app says capacity is only 2986mah vs rating of 3400mah. Not good. My Honor 5X used to get over the battery rating using Accubattery even after 8 mo.

Some Chinese battery manufactures make lower quality batteries that exhibit capacity drops prematurely.

I may return my 3T and get the battery replaced on waurenty. But will take up to 10 days. A pain in the a$$.