One UI 4.1.1

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Received the 4.1.1 update yesterday on my Tab S7+.

Does anyone have an idea as to when the Tab S7 FE series will receive the update?

David Yastrab

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Got mine in NY (S7+).

I like the taskbar less than I thought I would but I like the other multi tasking shortcuts more. The ability to swipe in from a corner to get to pop up mode (without using Good Lock) is welcome. I also like how much easier it is to get to split screen.

Wish they would make the taskbar icons bigger.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Got mine in NY (S7+).

I like the taskbar less than I thought I would but I like the other multi tasking shortcuts more. The ability to swipe in from a corner to get to pop up mode (without using Good Lock) is welcome. I also like how much easier it is to get to split screen.

Wish they would make the taskbar icons bigger.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the taskbar changes either. Find myself going to the wrong location a lot. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys how much longer is Sammy going to be supporting the Tab S7 line with updates? Thinking about picking one up but I have no idea how long they get supported. Thanks :D

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys how much longer is Sammy going to be supporting the Tab S7 line with updates? Thinking about picking one up but I have no idea how long they get supported. Thanks :D
I think the updates will be until Android 15 plus one additional year security update.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Got mine in NY (S7+).

I like the taskbar less than I thought I would but I like the other multi tasking shortcuts more.

Me too. I finally turned the taskbar off and went back to centered placement. I use Nova launcher and the taskbar didn't show any app icons.

You can get to taskbar settings through Display, Navigation Bar, and there's a shortcut to Taskbar at the bottom. You can turn it off there. You change the Taskbar location from where you select gesture vs 3 button setting.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much for this information! I hated that taskbar! I'm glad that you have the option to turn it off and that you explained exactly how to do it!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update this morning. I'm not a fan of the taskbar , but I'm willing to try it for a few days to give it a fair shot before I turn it off. Lol

I wonder when they will finally get the security patches up to date. I can't remember whether I was already on the Aug patch or it just updated to Aug.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I believe we already had August security. I read somewhere that the Tab S7s will only get quarterly security updates.

That is a little disappointing to me that I bought a premium (flagship) tablet, and it doesn't seem to be a priority for Samsung to keep it updated.

And people wonder why Apple has such a loyal following...