[OnePlus 6] Random popups with clock and ads

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Recently, a strange screen has begun to pop up on my OnePlus phone. The screen contains the current time in the upper left corner, a quote underneath it, and an ad in the bottom half of the screen. The ad is formatted the way you see in-app ads, appearing to lead to Google play/potentially through the Unity system, but I have not clicked on any of them to confirm.

It began about a day ago and has happened 3-4 times. There seems to be no pattern to when the screen comes up, as it has popped up during use of different apps and different times of day.

I cannot recall if the app advertised and the quote displayed beneath the time are the same each time. Not sure if it's helpful at all, but the most recent quote it displayed was "Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

I am prevented by the system from taking a screenshot or screen recording the screen, and when I click recent apps, the app I was using prior to pop-up is the most recent one displayed, and the preview screen for it looks normal. Then, upon returning to the app, the pop-up
screen is gone.

I have run a scan with Malwarebytes that turned up nothing, and I have not installed any apps from sources outside the Play Store.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Recently, a strange screen has begun to pop up on my OnePlus phone. The screen contains the current time in the upper left corner, a quote underneath it, and an ad in the bottom half of the screen. The ad is formatted the way you see in-app ads, appearing to lead to Google play/potentially through the Unity system, but I have not clicked on any of them to confirm.

It began about a day ago and has happened 3-4 times. There seems to be no pattern to when the screen comes up, as it has popped up during use of different apps and different times of day.

I cannot recall if the app advertised and the quote displayed beneath the time are the same each time. Not sure if it's helpful at all, but the most recent quote it displayed was "Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

I am prevented by the system from taking a screenshot or screen recording the screen, and when I click recent apps, the app I was using prior to pop-up is the most recent one displayed, and the preview screen for it looks normal. Then, upon returning to the app, the pop-up
screen is gone.

I have run a scan with Malwarebytes that turned up nothing, and I have not installed any apps from sources outside the Play Store.
Hi , if you can make a account here , me or other members can assist you.

Have you tried safe mode ,this turn off any 3rd party apps that might cause this.

veg_biryani

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Try "popup ad detector" play store When the ad pops up it will show you the last app that maybe caused it, just delete it. I had the same, it was a geek bench app.
Good luck 👍🍀

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I would review any new apps that may have been downloaded. Many apps will included adware stuff.. most common has been weather and news apps.. for me personally. Look at the time frame of the issue and any new apps downloaded.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milaco