OnePlus might launch a phone with 24GB of RAM, because why not

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This gives OnePlus an excuse to raise the price for something that SIMPLY is NOT NEEDED and will NOT ever be utilized by 99.99999% of the population that may buy this phone. I like OnePlus phones...I've had 5 or more and they all worked great for me...but this is a waste of resources! SMH

Reactions: mustang7757

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This gives OnePlus an excuse to raise the price for something that SIMPLY is NOT NEEDED and will NOT ever be utilized by 99.99999% of the population that may buy this phone. I like OnePlus phones...I've had 5 or more and they all worked great for me...but this is a waste of resources! SMH
The whole point of OnePlus back before they became just another flagship was that they completely blew everyone out of the water with ridiculously high specs for a relatively affordable price, this could be viewed as a return to form.

That aside, how would you suggest they differentiate themselves? What else do they have that makes them worth buying over an S23 or Pixel 7?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The whole point of OnePlus back before they became just another flagship was that they completely blew everyone out of the water with ridiculously high specs for a relatively affordable price, this could be viewed as a return to form.

That aside, how would you suggest they differentiate themselves? What else do they have that makes them worth buying over an S23 or Pixel 7?
I agree to what your saying, how One Plus blew other Android away was price and it's a very fast Ui and smooth probably best I have ever experienced on Android but that's not enough anymore because the latest are just as smooth and fast with better camera's.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

You are stating a problem that ALL phone makers have...how to differentiate themselves.
I say if you want to differentiate yourself then why not "borrow" a few features from Sony? Maybe a return to the way smart phones were designed 10 years ago...you know...when they did hardware properly? They could go back to 16:9 screens! Do you realize how many people would love this? Truly FLAT screens...no curved edges AT ALL! Put the selfie (if it must have one) in the top bezel so NO holes in the screen! Or how about a return to the notification LED which is way better than AOD and many, many people would love this! Or, what about bringing back the HEADPHONE JACK???? How many people want this? The point is that there are numerous ways to "differentiate" themselves that many end users would jump all over. Adding useless RAM, or putting a stupid thermometer on the back (looking at you Pixel) is NOT the way to do it! Why is this so hard for the OEM's to understand????

Reactions: Grabber5.0

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You are stating a problem that ALL phone makers have...how to differentiate themselves.
I say if you want to differentiate yourself then why not "borrow" a few features from Sony? Maybe a return to the way smart phones were designed 10 years ago...you know...when they did hardware properly? They could go back to 16:9 screens! Do you realize how many people would love this? Truly FLAT screens...no curved edges AT ALL! Put the selfie (if it must have one) in the top bezel so NO holes in the screen! Or how about a return to the notification LED which is way better than AOD and many, many people would love this! Or, what about bringing back the HEADPHONE JACK???? How many people want this? The point is that there are numerous ways to "differentiate" themselves that many end users would jump all over. Adding useless RAM, or putting a stupid thermometer on the back (looking at you Pixel) is NOT the way to do it! Why is this so hard for the OEM's to understand????
Yeah, Sony phones sell like hot cakes...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos