News OnePlus Watch 2 review: Amazing Wear OS battery life, annoying software issues...

bradavon

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro lasts 3 days with AOD Off.

I wish reviewers would review watches with AOD off or at least test both because most people don't use it. It's known be an absolute battery killer.

bradavon

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
"It would have just been easier if OnePlus just went with Wear OS on the Watch 2. There was no reason to reinvent the wheel, and by chasing outlandish battery life gains, it made things convoluted to the point where basic things don't work reliably. "

Can't say I agree with this statement. Battery life is the most iritating thing about smartwatches. Being able to swap between 12 days battery but still get Notificaitons and 3-4 days battery and get Apps sounds useful.

I wish the Galaxy Watch 5 did more than tell the time in it's low power mode.

taynjack

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Battery life on smartwatches is the reason I'm still stuck with a fitbit. Barely making a day without charging, only because practically every feature is turned off, is a failed device in my mind.

Health metrics are also a must so OnePlus fixed one major issue while leaving other issues that shouldn't be issues in 2024. I guess my fitbit soldiers on.