Question online games wont load but google and social media still do.

frompy

Apr 12, 2023
Visit site
i have a galaxy a32 5g and have never had this issue before. it started yesterday and for hours i tried to fix it. i moved all my photo and videos to my sd card and deleted a bunch of apps to make sure i wasnt just out of storage or something. all of my social media still loads and so do my offline games. ive tried to google this but i cant find anyone with this same issue. i managed to get my games to work for a few hours last night and this morning by forgetting my wifi and entering my password again but after an hour or 2 it just went back to not connecting in games. all my other internet needing devices work so its just my phone.

all games were downloaded from the google play store.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to test it on other wi-fi networks, like at your local public library or coffeehouse?

Who manages your home wi-fi network? If it's you, then try rebooting the router by unplugging its power for 30 seconds.

Reactions: frompy

frompy

Apr 12, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to test it on other wi-fi networks, like at your local public library or coffeehouse?

Who manages your home wi-fi network? If it's you, then try rebooting the router by unplugging its power for 30 seconds.
i tried connecting to my boyfriend's hotspot and im having the same issue.
my ipad and nintendo switch still connected to the wifi perfectly fine along with all the devices his family uses. i live with him and his family so it's their wifi.
im still able to use my phone normally, just not any of my online games. my ipad's games are working fine.

frompy

Apr 12, 2023
Visit site
Gotcha, how about on mobile data any issues?
data issues in this area yeah but only because my boyfriend's family had moved to an area thats still being built. once we drive down the road a bit my data works fine again. i didnt have this issue when we first moved here and i seem to be the only one in the house with this issue

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
data issues in this area yeah but only because my boyfriend's family had moved to an area thats still being built. once we drive down the road a bit my data works fine again. i didnt have this issue when we first moved here and i seem to be the only one in the house with this issue
Im thinking probably your issues are where you at in the new development

Apr 28, 2023
Visit site
i have a galaxy a32 5g and have never had this issue before. it started yesterday and for hours i tried to fix it. i moved all my photo and videos to my sd card and deleted a bunch of apps to make sure i wasnt just out of storage or something. all of my social media still loads and so do my offline games. ive tried to google this but i cant find anyone with this same issue. i managed to get my games to work for a few hours last night and this morning by forgetting my wifi and entering my password again but after an hour or 2 it just went back to not connecting in games. all my other internet needing devices work so its just my phone.

all games were downloaded from the google play store.
There could be several reasons why you are unable to connect to online games even though you can use the internet. Here are some potential causes:

1. Network issues: It is possible that there is a network issue preventing you from connecting to the game servers. This could be due to a problem with your router, modem, or internet service provider (ISP).

2. Firewall settings: Your firewall may be blocking access to the game servers. Check your firewall settings to ensure that the game is allowed through.

3. Port forwarding: Some games require specific ports to be open in order to connect to the game servers. Check the game's documentation or support website to see which ports need to be open, and configure your router accordingly.

4. Antivirus software: Your antivirus software may be blocking access to the game servers. Try disabling your antivirus temporarily to see if this resolves the issue.

5. Game server issues: It is possible that the game servers are experiencing issues or are undergoing maintenance. Check the game's official website or social media accounts to see if there are any known issues.

6. Game-specific issues: Some games may have their own specific requirements or issues that could be preventing you from connecting. Check the game's documentation or support website for troubleshooting tips specific to that game.

Overall, there could be several reasons why you are unable to connect to online games even though you can use the internet. Troubleshooting steps will vary depending on the specific cause of the issue.