OnStar Remote Link and Rooted TB

jrace1001

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So the Wife and I just purchased a 2012 Chevy Equinox. It comes with a 6 month trial to OnStar and one of the features they pushed was the OnStar Remotelink app which allows you to do various things while away from the car (unlock/lock being the best).

My wife uses a Droid Bionic, unrooted and is able to install the app. I have a rooted TB running Gingersense (I think, its been a while since i changed my ROM). Now if the only requirement for the app is to be running Android 2.1 or higher, why am I having trouble getting the pp to install on my TB running 2.3.4? Weirdly enough I can also install the app on my Touchpad running ICS.

Any ideas? Should I change ROMs?
- Justin

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
So the Wife and I just purchased a 2012 Chevy Equinox. It comes with a 6 month trial to OnStar and one of the features they pushed was the OnStar Remotelink app which allows you to do various things while away from the car (unlock/lock being the best).

My wife uses a Droid Bionic, unrooted and is able to install the app. I have a rooted TB running Gingersense (I think, its been a while since i changed my ROM). Now if the only requirement for the app is to be running Android 2.1 or higher, why am I having trouble getting the pp to install on my TB running 2.3.4? Weirdly enough I can also install the app on my Touchpad running ICS.

Any ideas? Should I change ROMs?
- Justin

What fails?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

jrace1001

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm just not able to install the app from the Market. The TB doesn't show up as an accepted device. My Touchpad does show up though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadeharper