Opening contacts is a disaster

rajat85

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Every time I open contacts I keep getting this (screenshot attached), which I have to explicitly cancel in order to access my contacts. Its very annoying and time consuming. Any ideas on how to disable this?

Xz6YNoy.png

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Every time I open contacts I keep getting this (screenshot attached), which I have to explicitly cancel in order to access my contacts. Its very annoying and time consuming. Any ideas on how to disable this?

http://i.imgur.com/Xz6YNoy.png

I've never seen that before. Have you tried letting it sit until it's done doing whatever it's doing? Seems to me you're using the AT&T apps which I do not use. I use the dialer app and Sense contacts app, rather than the AT&T stuff.
I do realize you're using a Samsung device, and I'll recommend you not use the AT&T stuff and use TouchWiz apps with Google sync instead. It's pretty painless and you don't deal with things like this.

rajat85

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen that before. Have you tried letting it sit until it's done doing whatever it's doing? Seems to me you're using the AT&T apps which I do not use. I use the dialer app and Sense contacts app, rather than the AT&T stuff.
I do realize you're using a Samsung device, and I'll recommend you not use the AT&T stuff and use TouchWiz apps with Google sync instead. It's pretty painless and you don't deal with things like this.

I'm just using the normal Contacts app. In fact, I've all/most of the AT&T apps.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
That app is clearly the AT&T contacts app. It's titled as such at the top. Try the one integrated into the dialer.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

AugustArborists

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Bossfan is right. I've heard of problems with AT&T address book, just hit "Cancel" whenever it tries to start, it'll stop trying to open after a few times.

j c m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this every time I switch Android phones. Usually if you just let it go thru the motions a few times, it will stop on its own.
I had the same experience when my S4 was new. The issue seemed to go away after a few times and has never resurfaced.

Cmjkxa

May 16, 2011
Visit site
That app is clearly the AT&T contacts app. It's titled as such at the top. Try the one integrated into the dialer.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Yes, it's titled at&t Contacts app but this screen opens automatically when opening the stock dialer and then hitting contacts. I've had this problem and it seems to go away after a few times. No clue how to stop it

Posted via Android Central App

Harry Kendall

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's titled at&t Contacts app but this screen opens automatically when opening the stock dialer and then hitting contacts. I've had this problem and it seems to go away after a few times. No clue how to stop it

Go to settings more. Application settings. Press the left bottom button select reset when you hit the stock dialer do not choose the at&t app then hit always

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Disable the ATT Contact app. In fact, it is good to disable anything with ATT in front of it (unless you really want to use them). Disable is found in the Application Settings.

Cmjkxa

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Disable the ATT Contact app. In fact, it is good to disable anything with ATT in front of it (unless you really want to use them). Disable is found in the Application Settings.

There is no att contacts app in applications, settings or titanium backup. It seems to be embedded into the actual dialer. There is a setting in the dialer with an option to sync att contacts(which I selected 'no') but like I said earlier, stock out of the box, opening the dialer>contacts or just opening contacts prompts the att contacts popup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61