Opinion needed

Wellcraft26

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I have a moto x pure and it died today thanks to the charging port and now I'm on the market for a new phone. My first few phones were motorola and I never liked them too much, then I tried the samsung galaxy s3 years ago and love it but had to replace it because I wanted android auto. Well, went back to moto as I was looking for an unlocked cheap phone and got the x pure and never liked it.
Now that I want to come back to samsung I found out that the glass on galaxy s7 and the s8 break easily and now I don't know what else I could get. I'm not really a fan of the infinite screen but I like big phones so I was actually looking at the s8+.

Does the screen really brake that easy?

What other phones are similar to samsung that doesn't have this screen issues?

Is there a way to avoid breaking the screen with a screen protector or a good cover?

Thanks in advance.

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure that it breaks more easily than any other phone. But if it does it's expensive to get fixed.

There's some debate about screen protectors for these; mine has a case which just extrudes above the level of the screen giving it protection were it to fall and land "sideways" or "face down, flat" but if it fell onto e.g. a stone, screen first, it would presumably be smashed to pieces.

My other phone choice at the time would have been the Google Pixel which was similar money but I didn't want something quite so closely tied in with Google.

laceyjoxo

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
I currently have the Galaxy s8 plus & love it had this phone for over 5 months now...but i never broke my screen or the back of it yet. I also have the insurance added to mine incase something happens though too. I also use a zagg sapphire diamond (i think i
this is what it's called) screen protector on it & have had no issues what so ever w/ it.