Opinion: The Incredible is Ugly and Inferior to Nexus One

froboebel

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
After having waited for months for new news surrounding the HTC Bravo for Verizon, I find myself terribly disappointed to be presented with the HTC Incredible as it's 'US variant.'

For those who do not know, the Bravo has very similar appearance/specs to the Nexus One, but has an optical trackball as well as physical home, etc buttons (versus the on-screen capactive 'buttons' of the Nexus/Eris/Incredible.) The benefit of this is the fact that some have issues with the Nexus buttons, and also it is supposedly slow when browsing to go back multiple pages with the capactive buttons.

The Incredible does not have the sleek look of the Nexus or Bravo. In fact, the front has a very similar appearance to an iPhone (and that is NOT a good thing, I never liked how the iPhone looked.) Everyone is complaining about how the back looks and I agree with that too. The capactive buttons are a serious disappointment to me as well.

The HTC Bravo had me sold. Since that appears like it will never happen, I guess I will have to play with an Incredible and see if i am willing to carry around a phone that I find dead ugly just so I can have an optical trackball. I never liked regular trackballs, which was the main reason I preferred the Bravo over the Nexus One. Now it's a toss up between ugly with trackpad, or kinda good looking but with a trackball.

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree, the back looks plain wrong on the Incredible. As for the capacitive buttons on the screen...dontcha think they're trying to "fill an iphone gap" on the VZN lineup? Most phone consumers are not people visiting online forums, they're people walking in to stores and looking at what's there--there'll be some people who'll like those and pick up the phone. And then turn it over and go "ohhh no f'in way!" and put it down. :D

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I've gotta agree with most of that.

Although I think that in the end I'd go eighths Nexus One just because it is a Google phone, and will (maybe?) get updates faster because of that.

But yeah, the back of the Incredible is ugly; looks like it's been assembled by a 3-year old with legos, and smoothed out by HTC.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll wait to decide what I think about it until the device is actually released rather than rely on rumored photos and news stories.

froboebel

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
As for the capacitive buttons on the screen...dontcha think they're trying to "fill an iphone gap" on the VZN lineup?

I guess this is a possibility, but it seems to me that if a phone looks like an iPhone and isn't an iPhone, people will think it's some cheap knock-off. Despite it's specs. Because the average consumer probably doesn't know what a Snapdragon is. Hell, half of them might not know what Android is.

watzone69

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Having capacitive vs. physical buttons may not be such a bad thing for an HTC phone. My Hero buttons are peeling, sticking, and downright falling apart!

froboebel

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Having capacitive vs. physical buttons may not be such a bad thing for an HTC phone. My Hero buttons are peeling, sticking, and downright falling apart!

Hmm. I don't know, I am just concerned that the problems with the Nexus One's capactive buttons could carry over.

I will seriously have to spend some time with both of these phones before i will decide. I wish I could just get the first of the two that come out on Verizon, since I have been waiting for months and months. But I am becoming less impressed with the Nexus One, and I am very unsure about this new Incredible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gsamsung