Oppo Find X - 100% Bezelless, 25MP selfie, 256GB Storage, 8GB RAM

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
https://youtu.be/cV5TjZCJkuA

Wow, this is amazing! This is the innovation we need, smartphones are getting so boring, this is actually exciting and futuristic! 25 MP front facing camera, look at the level of detail on the guy's mustache! Face unlock is super fast, and 6.42 inches, Samsung AMOLED display, completely truly bezelless, no notch! 8GB RAM and 256GB onboard storage! 3730 mAh battery, Snapdragon 845... Crazy this is something to get excited about, everything so far feels so bland and boring! Thoughts? What do you think? Is Oppo paving the way for smartphones? Better to have innovation than the same old stuff again and again. Puts 2018 flagships to shame...

Design

Dimensions:
6.17 x 2.92 x 0.37 inches (156.7 x 74.2 x 9.4 mm)
Weight:
6.56 oz (186 g)
Materials:
Main body: Glass; Accents: Aluminum
Biometrics:
Facial recognition
Colors:
Blue, Red
Android (8.1), ColorOS UI

Display

Physical size:
6.4 inches
Resolution:
1080 x 2340 pixels
Pixel density:
401 ppi
Technology:
OLED
Screen-to-body ratio:
87.04 %
Features:
Scratch-resistant glass (Corning Gorilla Glass 5), Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor

Camera

Camera:
16 megapixels
Flash:
Dual LED
Aperture size:
F2.0
Camera sensor size:
1/2.6"
Pixel size:
1.22 μm
Hardware Features:
Second camera (20-megapixel, F2.0 aperture), Autofocus (Phase detection)
Camcorder:
3840x2160 (4K) (30 fps), 1920x1080 (1080p HD) (120 fps), 1280x720 (720p HD) (240 fps)
Features:
High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Video calling, Video sharing
Front-facing camera:
25 megapixels

Hardware

System chip:
Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SDM845
Processor:
Octa-core, 2800 MHz, Kryo 385, 64-bit, 10 nm
Graphics processor:
Adreno 630
System memory:
8 GB RAM
Built-in storage:
256 GB

Battery

Capacity:
3730 mAh

Multimedia

Screen mirroring:
Wireless screen share
Music player:
Filter by:
Album, Artist, Genre, Playlists
Features:
Album art cover, Background playback
Speakers:
Earpiece, Loudspeaker

Cellular

GSM:
850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
UMTS:
850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz
Data:
LTE-A Pro Cat 16 (1000/150 Mbit/s), HSDPA+ (4G) 42.2 Mbit/s, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s
Micro SIM:
Yes
Nano SIM:
Yes
Multiple SIM cards:
2 slots

Phone features

Sensors:
Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass
Notifications:
Haptic feedback, Music ringtones, Vibration, Flight mode, Silent mode, Speakerphone
Other features:
Voice dialing, Voice commands, Voice recording

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"4G (supports Indian bands)" Not for Europe, the Americas, Africa or Asia.

They put their efforts into flash, not utility - 8GB of RAM. That may be needed in 6-8 years, but now? What can you possibly run at one time that requires even 6GB? 256GB storage. Even if it's partitioned sanely and you get 200GB of user storage, even this software junkie couldn't fill that.

No FM radio, a 3730mAh non-replaceable battery with an Amoled screen (and such a large one), no SD card slot (SD cards are used for more than just storage), but the front camera is 25MP. (The rear, the one you most likely use all the time, is only 16MP.) And having seen side-by-side shootouts with their camera included, the HDR performance is probably nothing to write home about, and the color balance probably turns cherry red into a shade of orange.

I think I'll pass unless I find myself in India. (It looks like a "lots of Indians buy phones, so let's get their money with a lot of flash" phone.)

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
"4G (supports Indian bands)" Not for Europe, the Americas, Africa or Asia.

They put their efforts into flash, not utility - 8GB of RAM. That may be needed in 6-8 years, but now? What can you possibly run at one time that requires even 6GB? 256GB storage. Even if it's partitioned sanely and you get 200GB of user storage, even this software junkie couldn't fill that.

No FM radio, a 3730mAh non-replaceable battery with an Amoled screen (and such a large one), no SD card slot (SD cards are used for more than just storage), but the front camera is 25MP. (The rear, the one you most likely use all the time, is only 16MP.) And having seen side-by-side shootouts with their camera included, the HDR performance is probably nothing to write home about, and the color balance probably turns cherry red into a shade of orange.

I think I'll pass unless I find myself in India. (It looks like a "lots of Indians buy phones, so let's get their money with a lot of flash" phone.)
I agree with this. Many of these Chinese phones sound great on paper and are dire to use. They may be ok for one or 2 mobths then they start to fail. No customer support and in the end a waste of money. Having been burnt by chinese phones I decided to get the P2XL because at least it has proper support and is a damn fine phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Overkill and pointless. The storage is about the only thing that would interest me.

No need for 8GB of RAM. By the time that even becomes warranted, the phone will be outdated in other areas.

Three front facing camera may have a 25MP sensor, but it's not going to give you anywhere near that in effective resolution. Even pro level 24MP cameras struggle to give you the full resolution detail unless combined with exceptional lenses. Phone cameras are nowhere near that ability. 16MP is about the most I'd care for, but even that is pushing the limits.

Bezelless? No thanks, I like to be able to comfortably hold my phone without accidental screen touches.

I'm also not a fan of AMOLED.

And as others have mentioned, I'd question the reliability of this phone, especially with so much apparent cutting edge features.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Innovation we need? Dont you pretty much count headphone jacks as a requirement? I find it odd you are okay with this phone cutting that out.

Oh yeah I didn't see that, kinda stupid really. They just did that to look cool.. still a powerful beast of a phone however.