Opt out and go back...

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
How do I opt out and go back to the public version? I think it was Android 13. I've experienced too many bugs and I'm not happy with it. Does going back wipe my device?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what bugs you are referring to as I have 2 phones on beta and is pretty darned stable
Lockscreen. It takes longer than usual to unlock the device. Fingerprint doesn't read, tapping it does nothing(haptic feedback). I have to press the power button to turn the screen on then the face unlock works

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Mine has been rock stable with the last few beta downloads. When the official version hits, will the beta testers get that or have to wipe and reload?

Reactions: bkeaver

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Mine has been rock stable with the last few beta downloads. When the official version hits, will the beta testers get that or have to wipe and reload?
As far as I remember when stable version is released it automatically updates your phone to stable and will also unenroll from beta.

Reactions: bmetelsky

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
As far as I remember when stable version is released it automatically updates your phone to stable and will also unenroll from beta.
If this is true. I'll hold off for a while. Wiping my device is also keeping me from pulling the trigger to go back

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Tbh you probably need to wipe your device anyways as it sounds like something is causing your issues that isn't from the beta.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
"MY" understanding when on BETA is this: If you decide to unenroll BEFORE the stable release drops then your device WILL WIPE AND RESET!!!!

However, if you wait until the stable drops (which could happen any day now) then you will have to decide whether to unenroll, or stay in the BETA program. If you decide to unenroll AFTER receiving the stable drop your device will NOT wipe and reset!!!

You will not "automatically" be unenrolled from the BETA program upon receiving the stable drop...you will have to unenroll manually... but your device will NOT reset! This is the only time unenrolling from the BETA program allows you to stay where you are and not having to wipe and reset.
YMMV

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
"MY" understanding when on BETA is this: If you decide to unenroll BEFORE the stable release drops then your device WILL WIPE AND RESET!!!!

However, if you wait until the stable drops (which could happen any day now) then you will have to decide whether to unenroll, or stay in the BETA program. If you decide to unenroll AFTER receiving the stable drop your device will NOT wipe and reset!!!

You will not "automatically" be unenrolled from the BETA program upon receiving the stable drop...you will have to unenroll manually... but your device will NOT reset! This is the only time unenrolling from the BETA program allows you to stay where you are and not having to wipe and reset.
YMMV
This is correct. Wait for stable 14 and then bail before the next beta.