"Optimized for visibility"

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon V60's just got a new security update, but it looks like they changed the adaptive screen brightness too. Now whenever it's extremely bright ambient light (I.e. Direct sunlight), it will immediately ramp the screen brightness too 100%. In the past, I could override it temporarily and manually reduce the brightness without turning auto brightness off. Now when I try that, I can't. Even if I try to pull slider to the dim side and hold it there, the screen stays at full brightness. When I let go of the slider, it jumps immediately to 100% instead of a slow crawl. The slider also has a notice that says "Optimized for visibility" on it.

I personally don't want the screen trying to destroy itself with more burn in, so has anybody else noticed this and found a way around it? So far, only disabling auto brightness all together or dimming the ambient light (not always possible) will give me control over the brightness, but I'd prefer the old setup. I checked display and accessibility settings to see if this wannabe optimization could be disabled, but haven't found anything.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon V60's just got a new security update, but it looks like they changed the adaptive screen brightness too. Now whenever it's extremely bright ambient light (I.e. Direct sunlight), it will immediately ramp the screen brightness too 100%. In the past, I could override it temporarily and manually reduce the brightness without turning auto brightness off. Now when I try that, I can't. Even if I try to pull slider to the dim side and hold it there, the screen stays at full brightness. When I let go of the slider, it jumps immediately to 100% instead of a slow crawl. The slider also has a notice that says "Optimized for visibility" on it.

I personally don't want the screen trying to destroy itself with more burn in, so has anybody else noticed this and found a way around it? So far, only disabling auto brightness all together or dimming the ambient light (not always possible) will give me control over the brightness, but I'd prefer the old setup. I checked display and accessibility settings to see if this wannabe optimization could be disabled, but haven't found anything.

Unfortunately my Tmobile version has had this stupid "feature" since launch. I cannot override the brightness setting without turning auto brightness off. It drives me nuts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress